Worst Product Ever!

Shamu23

We recently ordered the Lee's ultimate gravel vac which is the same as a python. It doesnt fit on our sink so we figured out a way to attach it to our shower. Now the problem is that it doesnt work! The first time when I used it on my 46 gallon it did work but it took me 30 minutes to get out 2 gallons and it didnt clean out any of the fish poop, then it took me 10 minutes to refill those 2 gallons. I could have done this 5 times faster with a bucket! The second time when I used it with my 29 gallon it didnt work at all, I followed all the instruction and I kept trying it again and again and it just wont work. Am I doing something wrong or is this just a crappy product? If we cant figure out how to get it to work we'll have to return it and it'll be back to carrying buckets! :( Please help!

Shamu how did you attach it to your shower? I'm wondering if it was slow bwcause the shower may be at a much higher level than your tank and so the suction was so weak. Also you may have low water pressure. That will make the suction very low. Let me know if this helped and best of luck with it. Maybe you are missing an adapter or it may be a bad piece...

Instead of draining the waist water with the shower running, just put the end of the hose in the bottom of the tub. Let gravity work its magic. thats what i do.

Dummy me just figured out how to use the Biorb cleaner pump today. For the last couple of days, I was frustrated because I was squeezing the bulb, and the suction didn't seem to grab. I had to keep squeezing and squeezing to get the water out. Then miraculously it dawned on me that the milk carton I was using to collect the water needed to be lower than the tank. The water flowed like magic! And I'm not even blonde.......

I hope the others ideas work for you!!

My Python will work perfectly attached to the sink......but my hubby "The Gardener" insists on using the nutrient full fish water! So I run it outside to the gardens using it just like a siphon hose (not attached to the sink). Still the water goes fast! Then when ready to fill I attach it to the faucet & fill away.

((Have you tried unscrewing the part of the faucet that the water comes out off. My python has a brass attachment that screws into the faucet then I attach the hose thingee.)) I have heard that some people have to get a separate thingee to hook to theirs, maybe someone will jump in soon with the answer!

I hope it works for you cause I can't imagine going back to buckets!! :krazy:

I LOVE my python vac! When I had a tank room, I used that thing all the time -- hooked it up to the utility sink in the furnace room.

I even got the Python Pond Vac for my pond and it's great. It has a long clear tube and I can see all the gunk as it gets sucked up off the bottom of my pond. The only thing I don't like is that it wastes a lot of water, as it's water driven.

This year we bought a wet/dry shop vac with a pump out feature. The tank holds 16 gallons and it's been pretty good for vacuuming the bottom of the pond. I wonder if you could retrofit one for cleaning aquariums???? You might be able to use the clear tube from the python on the hose for the wet/dry vac and get good results. It would make the job so much easier.

Edited by gardengirl

thanks for the help guys

it cant attach to our sink cause we have those "different" european sinks, u cant attach anything to them.

Fish, ur idea worked, it goes alot faster that way, thanks! FP, i'll try ur idea soon too.