Gasp! Moving In 10 Days!

I'm moving in ten days, and I'm scared about moving my fish. :krazy: I'm afraid during the move, they might die from stress or something. This is my first time moving with fish, and I don't want to lose any. Does anyone have any advice on how I can make sure none die.......and maybe a hug for the worried mom? :(

C.F.G.

Not very fas. The new place is about 15-20 minutes from where I live now. But it's setting up the tank with 100% new water that I'm worried about. What if my fish die because of the new water? I won't be cleaning the gravle or anything, but I don't want any of my reading to sky rocket.

Ooh..not fair...I'm moving 2 hours away in 10 days. :rofl

Is there any way you can go in the next few days and set the tank up so it can at least settle and start cycling a little bit? I have a 20 gallon that I'll be doing that to with a seasoned filter from my 10 gallon (5 month old filter insert, woo! yay for good bacteria!)

As for transporting fish, get a container with a lid that they'll fit in, put some holes in the lid, and then keep them someplace dark so they stay calm. When I got my betta from Ft. Myers, I put him in the cooler I had brought along, and he did just fine. Took that 2 hour trip like a pro.

I moved 20 minutes about 2 months ago. All I did was put each of the fish in a ziploc bag and put them all in a rubbermaid. I drained both tanks (58 and 46 gallon) including siphoning gravel. Then I just set the tanks back up in the new house with all new water-no problems. I did not clean any of my filters or change cartridges. They seemed 100% stress free when I put them in their tanks. I think the whole thing upset me more then them. Good luck with the move.

after you setup the tank in the new house what you should do is keep the tank lights of and noise level too maybe turn light on for a few mins a day to let them adjust.. thats what we did. as for the moving my dad emptied about 80% of his tank and took all ornaments out and put it in the car securely and then he drove (only 10mins) worked like a charm.

heres an idea:

put the goldfish in seperate tubs(like they said above)

but keep all the aquarium water in milk jugs or something.

that way you have all the cycled water.

and keep the used filter cartridges in with the water too

You can add all new, fresh treated water to the tank when you set it back up, no problem. The important thing is that you keep the filter and all the media inside of it submerged in tank water during the move. Inside the filter is where the biobugs are, which is what cycles the tank. How long has the tank been set up currently? Is it fully cycled?

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=51140

Check this link out for more ideas. :) I'm sure everything wil be fine.