Anyone Else Have This Problem?

So I went to my local petstore today to pick up a rat for my snake...and of course I had to take a look at the fish section. I noticed that a lot of the tanks were empty and was going to walk away when a guy who works there stopped me. He asked me if I liked fish...*duh* of course! They had just gotten a new shipment of fish so he started pulling some neat looking salt water fish out of the boxes to show to me. Yeah, I tried to stop myself, but I had to ask if they got any goldfish in. Then he started pulling out bags filled with the CUTEST baby calico fantails, black moors, orandas, and pearlscales. There were sooooo many and they were soooo adorable!!! As per usual I fell in love with one of the fantails and was sooooo close to buying one! I have a spare 20 gallon too! But I stopped myself and walked away b/c I am moving soon and will not get more fish until I am settled in (*that's what I kept telling myself...no more until you move!!!!*) Does anyone else feel extremely tempted everytime they go into the aquatic section of a petstore??? Does anyone else fall head over heels in love with a different fish every single time or is that just me???

Naaaaah - it is definately just you. You are crazy. Insane, I tell you.

;)

I have no more equipment than I really need. I only have 1 tank and it is understocked. I only by food or deco that I am prepared to use at the moment.

Yeah, right.

:rolleyes:

Every time I go to my independant LFS, it is VERY hard to walk away from the goldies without taking one home. They always have the nicest selection of big ranchus, orandas, and telescopes, not to mention shubies and comets. I really have to get another tank soon. 4 tanks is not enough.

Well I can't walk through ANY section of the pet store :blink:

I have an animal from almost every section so I always find some toy/accessory that I just have to get for my poor babies. It's an addiction....we should start a support group :rofl

Chrissy

Agreed! Even if I am not buying a fish, I usually find some excuse to go to the LFS on my days off, even if all I am getting is one can of food or 1 pack of filter pads.

happens to me every time, especially at wally world, I almost started yelling at my mom once cause she wouldnt let me get the cutest calico fantail, and that little guy was perfect, Im talking about a show class fish, everything about it was absolutely perfect! I wanted it so bad I almost started crying (sorry, I cant resist getting those adorable fishies, they'll just end up being stuck in a tiny bowl). Im still upset about that.

haha! I like the support group idea! I really need it. I too have an animal from every single section of the pet store (plus many many more) and I tend to want to buy each and every one of them something whenever I go! :exactly My house is overun with dog toys at this point!

I agree br553 - I have 4 tanks and 3 ponds and it is just not enough!!! We need to start a rehab center for goldfish addicts like us!

Edited by luv4pets36

Yeah, i use to be pretty bad. Lately with the bad luck ive been having, i havent been buying any fish or decor. The other day i saw a really nice ranchu, but i turned him down.

I do it every time I go into a store with fish in it. Whenever I am in a pet store with my siblings my sisters have to drag me out of there before I spend every cent to my name.

Now I am only allowed to go to the stores on my way to work so I can't buy anything live.

It's an addiction....we should start a support group :rofl

Chrissy

Chrissy- kokos is that support group :)

Luv4pets- we all feel like you. I have to cover my face with my hands when I go in to get equipment now because if I will always see a fish i want and I really have no more space.

Guest Jenny Lee

My addiction to fish I can't have quite yet is getting so bad. Everywhere I go I see fish. My duvet cover has pink flowers on it for the pattern but I keep seeing them as little fish.

I see fish shapes in my carpet and its a -white- carpet. I see fish shapes in the clouds. Eeeeee!

Naaaaah - it is definately just you. You are crazy. Insane, I tell you.

;)

I have no more equipment than I really need. I only have 1 tank and it is understocked. I only by food or deco that I am prepared to use at the moment.

Yeah, right.

:rolleyes:

WOW!! You better be careful that kind of lie can draw a lightning bolt out of the clear blue sky!! :lol:

My house is overun with dog toys at this point!

:rofl Mine is the same with cat toys..if we have company over we hide them all in the closet and try to look respectable!

My new addiction is also online shopping at bigal's..I justify because in the long run, it saves me money..right?? :unsure:

Chrissy

koko should make a new badge labled sogpds or something

sogpd:severe obssesive goldfish purchase disorder suffere.

there are 5 goldfish stores on my way home from school. :krazy:

Guest myfourgoldies

My problem is not fallng in love with the cute ones. I fall in love with the decrepid sickly, missing a fin/eye/or both eyes, floating, needs TLC fish. I am lucky I have a reasonable firm hubby that won't let me bring home any more or I would soon become the house of heartbreaking misfit goldies.

My problem is not fallng in love with the cute ones. I fall in love with the decrepid sickly, missing a fin/eye/or both eyes, floating, needs TLC fish. I am lucky I have a reasonable firm hubby that won't let me bring home any more or I would soon become the house of heartbreaking misfit goldies.

yeah, same here, I wish I could get all those poor suffering fishies and make them feel better :(