Those Poor Fish!

Shamu23

I am glad to hear that. The same thing was happening at that discount chain store you are talking about by me. The bettas were the worst off of all. Nasty cups and fin rot. the tanks with the tropicals and goldies were absolutely nasty. But I must say I think they have had a change of personell in that department because everytime I go there recently (wether I am there to get fish supplies or other things) I always go check out the section. The bettas cups are always spotless and the they completely and throughly scrubbed the big tanks with the tropicals in them down . THe fish look great .Sorry to hear about the one near you , the particular one closer to me is doing a great job now. However there is another store of the same chain a little bit farther away where I pick up my prescriptions and the bettas are in filthy cups and the fish are so so. I guess it just depends ont the staff at each individual store of that chain.

I have no idea which Pet store you guys are talking about however i can totally relate. When i visited the PetLand branch in my neighborhood, i was visibly appalled when i saw the goldfishes in my tank. They were overrun with parasitic diseases, many of them were sick and dead fishes littered most, if not all of the tanks. I was truly surprised and disgusted that such a huge chain store will allow such cruelty to their animals. Even the supervisor when confronted had a nasty attitude. I contacted the head office in Long Island, NY and filed an immediate complaint. I'm happy to say that the conditions have significantly improved. Dead fishes no longer litter the tanks and there aren't any fishes covered in parasitic diseases, although quite a few sick fishes remain present.

Archived