Sign in to follow this  
jamisskat

New Ryunkin Looking Like A Girl!

:) good afternoon everyone. im happy to say everybody has made a good transition to the 600 gallon pond. Everyones eating well and seems very happy. my hubby brought me home some pond plants yesterday as well :rolleyes: anyways, here in FLA we are having big storms and last night i noticed my new ryunkin was being chassed everywhere! i also noticed she seems alittle round. well, this morning i went out there to feed them and oh my shes very round :blink: all my fish are chassing her all around the pond. its weird because when i had her in the 55gallon she wasn't fat but since putting her into pond well shes quite round. i dont think i'll know if she lays eggs because all my plants are in the middle of the pond and well, im not getting in there :rofl its 3 feet deep and its cold! so i thought i'd share with you any suggestions on why she would become so round after being put in the pond? :blink:

Maybe she is responding to being in a habitat that more closely resembles a natural one??? Just a theory.

whatever the reason, I think you have pond watching duties now! There are fry in your future. :D

well, that could be all i know is she seems much happier in that pond :D maybe its the weather to its been raining for 2 days nows its very stormy lightning and all. they seem to be enjoying the rain alot maybe to much :rolleyes:

I'm here :) I think its quite common for a female of egg releasing age to suddenly spray eggs when put in a new water environment. She is probably just about to do that! The fact she' s being chased round makes it even more likely that she will release the eggs soon.

You must be so pleased they're all in the pond -no more tank water changes for a while and you can enjoy top viewing.

I'm here :) I think its quite common for a female of egg releasing age to suddenly spray eggs when put in a new water environment. She is probably just about to do that! The fact she' s being chased round makes it even more likely that she will release the eggs soon.

You must be so pleased they're all in the pond -no more tank water changes for a while and you can enjoy top viewing.

yes its nice to have them out there during our pleasent months. though i still have 2 orandas in one of my 55gallons. the other one will hold the fancys when they come in for the winter. :) im still carefully watching the ryunkin no eggs yet that i can see. although the plants are in the middle and im not ready to swim in the pond just yet :D

What! Are you sure about not jumping into the pond? Come on, the water is so nice and warm down there, you might never come out again! :rofl3

Seriously though, your ryukin girl just responded to nature - different environment, more natural setting. The eggs developed, and now the rain tops it all off. Nice going! :thumbs:

Is there any way to move the plants closer to the pond's edge? And be out there early in the morning (5 or 6am), and you just might see the most activity.

What! Are you sure about not jumping into the pond? Come on, the water is so nice and warm down there, you might never come out again! :rofl3

Seriously though, your ryukin girl just responded to nature - different environment, more natural setting. The eggs developed, and now the rain tops it all off. Nice going! :thumbs:

Is there any way to move the plants closer to the pond's edge? And be out there early in the morning (5 or 6am), and you just might see the most activity.

:rofl hmm getting in there might just be a good idea :rolleyes: i know the water is sitting at about 80degrees its 600 gallons and 3 feet deep and im pretty short so it would really be like swimming! anyways, i believe your right she does seem really happy and i wish i could leave her in all yr but, with our crazy weather 30 one night and 80 the next i dont think my fancys in the pond would survive :unsure: shes still nice a plump and i did make sure there were no scales sticking out that worries me because of dropsey i hate that condtion! shes really fatter on one side too so yes its sure to be eggs. we have been getting horriable storms everyday now for the past week and they seem to enjoy it alot even with the lightning and thunder they all come to the top when its raining.