New Tank

nichjake

Last Saturday I went garage saleing and found someone selling a 45 gallon tank with the stand and canopy along with everything needed to set it up and a bunch of extra things for 100 bucks. I was supposed to be looking for a bed and or desk to have in my apartment that I'm moving into this fall so even though my knee jerk reaction was to get it I held off becuase I knew it was the responsible thing to do....I didn't need a new tank ;)

Well, at work that night I kept thinking about it and thinking about and realized that being the fish nut I am I had to have that tank. I'm sure some of you guys know how that goes. Logically you keep telling yourself that you don't need it but the fishie addiction keeps telling you that you absolutely have to have it. So naturally I went back the next morning to see if the lady still had it and of course she did :D

I got to talking to her and found out she's a goldie person to and the tank used to house two very large fancys before they died after she had them for 16 years. She was thrilled that the tank was going to someone who generally knows what they're doing when it comes to goldies. Because I to am a goldie person she threw in her old python, a couple backgrounds and some decor that she wasn't originally including with the tank so I got a whole bunch of good stuff :)

I love this tank, its so awesome! Heres a pic of it right after I changed over from my 29 gallon tank and had just put my fish in it. The 29 is still sitting beside it...the new tank makes it look tiny. I'll post more pics this weekend, this one was the only one I could get uploaded so far...dial up stinks :rolleyes: And yes, its in my bedroom...which is a mess and an example of collegiate blasphemy (those of you who know about the UofM/MSU rivalry will see what I'm talking about with the blue curtains and yellow walls...it makes my blood curdle ;) ) P1012006.jpg

That was meant for you and your fish evidently! that's great it was still there and you could get it with all those extras at that price. It looks fabulous with the fish in. Love the hood. Congrats :)

I am sorry I found this thread late, but congrats on your great deal!! Your room looks pretty good, even tho I know nothing of the rivalry I can imagine. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

holy smokes, the 29 gall does look small! .. yet i know its not!

great buy my friend.. i wish i had such luck.

and as for you marinefishexpert.. that sucks XD