Big Short Tail Ryukin

We got this guy brought in to our store recently. He was raised in a pond for about 2 years. Sadly he isn't doing too well in the small tanks after being used to having all that room. I just love his coloring though. I'd love to keep him there at the store to show just how big goldfish should get!

100_5340.jpg

Here's me really excited about him. :rolleyes:

ryukin.jpg

LOL now with the digital age of photography, I am really lazy about getting pictures printed/posted, so I try to do it all at once! Also I'm home today, first day off in over a week. :D

I kept calling the fish a male but I am pretty sure it is a female. Part of the super fat belly is ryukin and I'm pretty sure the rest is eggs.

He is for sale but doesn't seem to be too happy in the little tank. I can't blame him, since he had been used to a large pond. I figure he/she was on a very good diet and that along with all the space is how he/she grew so quickly so fast.

He is for sale but doesn't seem to be too happy in the little tank. I can't blame him, since he had been used to a large pond. I figure he/she was on a very good diet and that along with all the space is how he/she grew so quickly so fast.

do you know what size pond he came from? thats one beautiful fish.

I am not sure what size the pond was. I coudln't believe their owner gave them away! I guess she was moving though and couldn't take them. Sadly her black moor friend already passed. :(