Sign in to follow this  
kusackaid

Finally!

:D:D:D I have one little goldfish fry!!!!!!! Two days ago I found 4 eggs and put them into a breeders net within the main tank. I did not have high hopes tho, because all the eggs had turned solid white yesterday and the tank temps were a bit high. About 78 degrees in the morning before the tank light went on. There is no heater in the tank, it has been extrodinarily hot this last week.

So today I go to check the eggs and there is a lone fry attached to the netting!!!!!! I'm sooooooooooo excited. Iv'e been trying to find the eggs the goldies have been laying all year, but they seem good at eating all of them before I get home from work. I checked the sides of the main tank for more fry but did not see any so far. Maybe there are a few attached to the plants somewhere. This fry is definitely bigger than my white cloud minnow fry were.

So the fry hatched out either yesterday or early this morning. I'm so happy!!! My dad said I might be able to borrow his camera by tuesday or wendsday, he has to finish a project for work first. When I get the camera I will see if I can get pics of the little guy.

what a nice little surprise for you! I hope the little guy survives! good luck :D

congratulation! I am looking forward to see your fry :)

:D Thats great news! I hope it grows like crazy!

Double post. :rolleyes:

Edited by glitterfish

Oooh so exciting!! I'm so happy for you. Wishing him bags of luck and strength in his journey to big fish :heart

The little guy is already free swimming today! I removed the other pieces of plants with the unhatched eggs from the net. The mother is a pearlscale, one of the potential fathers is also a pearlscale, the other is my black moor.

Here are pics of all the potential parents.

Mommy:

100_1951.jpg

Daddy #1:

100_1952.jpg

Daddy #2:

100_1988.jpg

Eep! THey are chasing her again today.

I'm finding it hard to feed just the one fry without overfeeding. With a group you put the food in and one of them is bound to see it, then the others catch on. But with just one it is hard to get enough in there in the right spot for him to see it, without putting in a bunch thats just gonna go to waste/drift thru the bottom of the net and decay in the main tank. Anyone have any ideas to make this easier? He currently will not look for food floating on the top of the water so I have to make sure the bbs (which sinks anyways) or the hikari first bites get swirled under the surface a bit. When giving the first bites I dip a toothpic into the water and get just a tiny bit on the end of the toothpick to feed him. With the bbs its mixed with tank water first and put in as close to the fry as possible.