Have My Snails Been Up To Something?

When I clean my tank I sometimes find little "droplet" looking things stuck to the glass or decorations. They are kinda rubbery feeling! Oh I know...they almost look like a contact lens stuck to the glass. Is that "snail eggs"?

If so, I guess it would be from the Ramshorn snails? I have SEVERAL of them. I only have one Golden Mystery Snail. :blink:

I noticed ALOT of baby Ramshorn snails while I was doing my weekly cleaning. What I do (& I hope this doesn't sound cruel) is I pick up the bigger snails & place them in a jar of tank water. I suck up a bunch of tiny ones & they go thru the Python :o . I figure this is the only way to not get TOO many! Hope I am not a bad snail keeper!! :unsure:

Do your rams have operculums (a door that shuts when they go inside)? Mine are planorbids and do not have operculums, these are the ones you probably have as well. Mine lay a little egg cluster that hangs off the tip of a plant. I've never seen them lay on the side of the tank, but I imagine that they are sticky enough to do that. They wouldn't be mystery snail eggs - those clutches are laid above the water line and look very different from ramshorn eggs. You can crush any eggs you find if you don't want them to hatch - that's what I do with my ramshorn eggs if I find them. I'm being overrun now as it is from all the eggs I don't see and hatch before I notice. :) I will have to find someone with a snail-eating creature or give them to the petstore soon. They are great algae eaters though, so I will keep a few around.

They are either planorbids or physids, providing you don't have any spixis or the like in the tank. Are the more of a round, flat mass or a gelatinous blob?