Shark Pics

Guest im-trying

I like how your parrot fish has tried desparatly to get into every photo i know hes not there on the top one but i bet he was trying lol :) gorgeous balas though as well how old are they now?

Thanks for all the comments. I took the pics from pretty far away (so the flash didn't spook any of 'em) and was kinda surprised how they came out. I had to resize the pics to post 'em here, but when you look at the pics on my computer its even brighter.

I could talk about balas all day,,, but I'll try not to :)

Shamu, in the wild they've been known to get 14-18" plus in size. In captivity they can still regularly reach 10-12" or more. When they get that size, I'll need a bigger aquarium.

im-trying, you noticed that too, huh? :) yea, he's nuts. actualy in the first pic up there (the first one I took) he was working on his nest behind the pipes (poor guy needs a girlfriend) and saw the flash, and immediately swam to front and puffed out his gills - kinda looks like a betta when he does it. if you put your face up to the aquarium, he'll do the same thing, charge then swim away, charge then swim away. If you look in the third pic, you can see the pile of stones where's he picked up and moved enough stones to get a hole about 4" wide and about 1.5" deep at middle.

I'd have to think, but I'm pretty sure those two are somewhere between 2 & 3 years old. Properly cared for, they can live up to 10 years, though VERY few ever make it that long. The pet store I used to go to, the owner had an 8-year-old bala over 11" long and really fat.

Neat! They kind of look like real sharks.

My sis had one like that for awhile and he was her fave. When she moved she took down her tank and had to take him back to the lfs..a sad day.

Hope yours live a long time and get really big! :D

Guest im-trying

.....um what are dolphin sharks 0.0 *feels need for new tank*

are they related to elephant fish because ive heard of freshwater dolphins in that group thats their common name related to the baby whale as well. I saw an article in Practical fish keeping not long ago but they had no pictures! i was tres disapointed lol