Frozen Shrimps?

Guest Berserkerer

I do not know what sort of frozen shrimp you have, but if they are clean and "human grade", I see no problem with that.

The large shrimp that we typically eat have hard shells. I would remove these, and chop the shrimp up into small pieces. A large hunk of shrimp sitting in the tank for any length of time would go bad quickly - you want it devoured within moments.

I have used the tiny little "salad" shrimp in my gel food in the past. They are cleaned, cooked and deshelled, then ground into the food with the rest of the stuff.

• 1 month later...
Guest 0reteki

I haven't been able to acquire blood worms, tubifex worms, or any other source of live protein, so I feed mine defrosted shrimp from my fridge.

They don't seem to like it as much as the pellets, but they eat it irregardless. How enthusiastic are your goldfish about these shrimp, Berserkerer?

My guppies loooove fresh shrimp. We catch our own. Usually they get some as we're shelling and deveining the ones we'll eat. Whatever scraps we accidently cut out just get tossed in with the gups and they eat them up in seconds. The ones in the pond get chunks on occasion, and the goldfish usually win fights over them.

Archived