A Beautiful Documentation On Barbaro On Hbo Sports!

Ranchugirl

I stumbled upon in while channel surfing tonight, and it was beautiful. I missed the beginning, but it was basically about his life, the people around him like his owners, trainer Mike Matz and his jokey, and how all of it has played out. Very fascinating, and so breath taking, especially those moments when he won his first Kentucky Derby race. What a great horse he was, and how sad his ending. I cried when I saw the video again of him stumbling in the second race, and how he almost made it. I didn't realize he was already out in the pasture a little bit after all those months of recovery and surgeries.

For every Barbaro fan - this is a thing to watch - it was done with great taste! :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is a bit old now but had to say that I watched it and was ok til the end when they showed his little brother. Looks just like him, star and all. Barbaro will live on through that foal--I'm so glad they bred his parents back together.

By the way, I saw him win the Derby and break down in the Preakness--what a terrible shock. I'm a true horselover and it was so awful to see. Then we all had hope for awhile and said our prayers but God knows best. Barbaro still brought a lot of notariety to racing helping to get better track surfaces and more advanced care for catastrophic injuries. He will never be forgotten.

Archived