Tips For Keeping A Room Cool?

Sushi67

Ah, the California weather is killing me. I used to live in a place where it got hot but where I live now its hot and HUMID! Its horrible. It feels like you can't breath and everything is sticky.

I have fans, window covers and yet my bedroom still gets hot becuase it faces west.

I'm worried about my rat so I've been thinking about moving him which is hard for me because the only time he hasn't been in my bedroom was the week after we moved because my cats were locked in my bedroom.

Anyone have tips for keeping bedrooms cool?

I have the same problem but I don't really have any advice. My mice hate it more than I do because it the summer it gets to be 86 up there, ugh. I wish my parents were more leniant with the AC. When I was younger I'd yell and scream about it...we are reasonably well off but we don't live comfortably and I was mad! I can't wait to move north in 2 months!

Sometimes you can find little tiny 'room conditioners' they're little version of air conditioners, kinda like space heaters. I'm not sure where you can find them, but an ex-friend had one.

Something else I just thought of (which may or may not work) is take one of those tiny refridgerators, turn it up full blast and use a fan to blow the cool air around. It might take a while to start to work, but it's a thought.

I have an air conditioner in my living room now (never had one before) so I tend to live in there. Good luck. You could also run a fan on low and have it pointing towards your rat to try and keep him cool.

For the last two days it's been in the low to mid-nineties here...I'm terrified about this summer.

Something else I just thought of (which may or may not work) is take one of those tiny refridgerators, turn it up full blast and use a fan to blow the cool air around. It might take a while to start to work, but it's a thought.

That sounds like it would waste a lot of energy. One of my guy friends has a has one of those mini AC fans by his bed and it works pretty well.

Lol, I want to move into the bathtub, seems to be the coolest place in the house. Finally got my mom to turn on the AC!!! Woo!

Snickerdoodle has a personal fan that I bought him last year just for the summer months. He likes it. I also give him a bowl of ice to play with.

Now that the AC is on, the house seems to be more comfy.

• 2 weeks later...

you can leave the windows open at night. And during the day u can place a fan inside the window and blast it. It will keep the place cool.

You can also keep the curtains closed during the day.

i hope that helps :D

Well I am glad to hear that the AC is on and the curtains are working out well for you. We have one room that doesn't get cooled well and we are thinking about putting in one of those little window air conditioners. It happens to the be room my tanks are in, so I know all my fish would appreciate it. As well as my computer. :)

Archived