Help! Fantail Floating On Top!

Guest fish

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Lolafish, I went to the LFS's around here yesterday but none of them knew of anyone who could help.

The red area on Comet's bulge seems to be better today. It seems like it is clearing up. Thank goodness!!!! I will take some pics and post later today.

Fish, where are you from? Maybe I can help you find someone who can help.

Comet is hanging in there. Her bulge is big and not allowing her to swim down in the tank. It is keeping her very buoyant and floating upside down on top. I have to help hold her and take her down to her medi gold pellets so she can eat. She is very hungry, which is a good sign.

Lolafish, I am from Maryland.

Edited by fish

Shamu, The bulge is looking bigger than before. I am feeding medigold once a day in the morning but I think I am going to add shelled peas with a grain of epsom salt once in the evening from today.

too bad the mods havent come around, I guess u could try feeding peas, its not recommended to feed other food with medicated food, but I guess it wouldnt hurt, not sure about that though :unsure:

Did you consider that maybe one of the eggs could have hatched in her? I mean, that sounds like bad sci fi, but could it happen, like as a freak accident? I don't know, i'm just rambling, but good luck with her!!

Comet is ok so far. She has a new red spot on her belly. She is a great fish and a good fighter. I think that the medigold is making her a little constipated and so I wanted to add the shelled peas with grain of epsom salt. I am hoping some mods come along to give advice sooooooooon.

Thanks Shamu, I hope we can all help Comet get better. She has been fighting for so long she must be exhausted! I know after doing this for 3 months I am exhausted!!!!!!I do love her and Nipper like my babies and so I keep bothering all the mods for help.They are a lot more experienced than I am and I need their help.

Edited by fish

Wow, Fish, I am pretty much speechless that poor Comet is still bothered by this! :thud

I have some internet connectivity issues, and can't be here every day. I needed to read through all the pages to refresh myself on what had been suggested and what you have tried. What catches my eyes is that you never mentioned if you ordered Metromed or not. It is a stronger medicated food, and even treats such things like dropsy and popeye, and honestly, in my eyes much better than Medigold for the really bad bacterial issues. Can you order some Metromed from Rick?

Meanwhile, I have a new container of it, and could mail you a little bit for Comet until the one from Rick arrives for you. If you want, PM me your address, and I mail it out to you tomorrow. It'll be enough to get you through a week's worth of food.

Fish, the antibiotics in it are Metronidazole, Ormetoprim-sulfa and Oxytetracycline... :)

The website was working fine for me just now, but if you are having problems, Rick's phone # is (814)866-2412. PM me your addy if you want me to send you some. I believe our little post office is open tomorrow. :)