Help! Fantail Floating On Top!

Guest fish

Hi everyone. Comet is still the same and hanging in there. I am being put on oxygen starting today. More tests scheduled. Trying to stay optimistic as best as I can. Thanks for everyone's support :thanks . You are all wonderful to know. :bighug

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Comet seems to be somewhat stable I am wondering if a Mod could move this to the disease/ diagnosis forum so that others with emergencies can be taken care of.

No problem, Fish - but PLEASE, if anything pops up again, or Comet gets worse, feel free to just continue this thread, and send one of us mods a PM, so we'll move it back into 911.

How is your oxygen treatment going, and all the other tests? Something in specific the doctors have in mind?

Thanks Ranchugirl. My oxygen treatment is going well. It makes me feel much better. Have some more tests for my lungs coming up. They are suspecting a rare heart-lung disorder with no cure. Im trying to keep a positive outlook and have learned to take one day at a time,,,

We are both hanging in there. I will keep checking and updating Kokos every few days. Now if only Comet stays well because it is very stressful for me when she is really sick.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Comet is still stable (knock on wood!). My diagnosis is not very good. Will be on oxygen during the day, a CPAP mask during the night and some really high hepatic and renal toxicity meds soon. I dont have much energy so I cannot get on the computer very often but I will drop in often to see how you all are doing and say Hi!!

• 4 months later...

Just to let all our friends know that Comet passed on today. She fought a long and hard battle for 1 year. She taught me to never give up easy. She waited for me to come home and took her last breath in my hand. I am so sad but glad she is in a good place now with no illness or pain.

:heart:rip: