No More Tables..no More Chairs

Trinket

No more space anywhere in my house for them.... but

I have 10 more fry hatched out and were living alongside their parents for at least a week :yikes . they are now 3 weeks and in a floating tub there. Don't know where to put them. And they seem to be growing fat and healthy :( .

If it was eggs I would have left them. But these are fry already!

No I mean the big empty tank! I'm thinking of bringing it down to the fishroom soon. Malar will be in with Brownie and Belly, they have already finished their algaes... have to start on the next tank! :D

But I'm hoping, maybe, maybe to get some fry...

If Brownie is showing breeding stars and Belly is female you'll get fry soon enough.

What about the malar's future when they've done with their job descriptions :unsure: ?

If Brownie is showing breeding stars and Belly is female you'll get fry soon enough.

What about the malar's future when they've done with their job descriptions :unsure: ?

:D They will eat algae wafers and keep the algae away.

Well I'm thinking of breeding my own fantails, Belly+Brownie! :D

:o More fry!!!! Looks like you're gonna be kept busy for a little while longer yet Imogen! ;)

Howsabout, a tub or small tank on the floor somewhere - in a quite corner? I know tanks-on-floors are a real pain to look after, but it does provide a temporary space solution? :unsure:

:exactly unless..unless....brain clicks into gear...(spade in hand)...there must be a potential basement under this house :idea: Carol has a basement, Anette has a basement....

I have a basement! :rofl Sadly I have no fry. I do have 2 50 gallons in the basement with snails in em though. I've been told no more tanks upstairs...But somehow in the dead of the night a 20 gallon appeared in the kitchen and a 30 in the computer room. How very odd! :rofl I plan on blaming: The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus or Angela. :lol2

Okay woman where are the fry pictures???? Huh?

You're just testing the Koko Stick fates today... :P

I plan on blaming: The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus or Angela.

I don't think you have to worry about Markus giving you a hard time about how many tanks you have anymore. I think he has slipped into the abyss that is goldfish addiction along with the rest of us. If anything, you'll have to start controlling how many tanks he gets!!!!! :rofl Maybe he'll start blaming me as well for the number of tanks you guys have!!! :D (funny how I only have a 7.7 gallon tank, but ofcourse I'm the root of all the fishy evil! :hmm )

A SPADE?!?!?! Good grief, woman, get your self a Bobcat! They are tons of fun and you can really MOVE earth with those things!!!!!!

I never had more fun than when I was driving a Bobcat. I want one for Christmas......

:yeah:

Fearing the snail mommy's wrath :D here's pics of the new fry :

P1010273.jpg

P1010272.jpg

close up of oneP1010277.jpg

The Mother fish (albino siamese doll)P1010276.jpg

She looks really peed off doesn't she .. The slight cloudy eye (right side in pic)and red spot are results of months of crazy chasing/frantic breeding in this tank. Poor thing. She has been harassed. She sprays eggs every week and I am having a heck of a job keeping the nitrates down because of it. Today they went down to 5 after a 70% w/c.

My goodness! what are you folks going to do with all these fish? Surely you are not going to keep them into adulthood ? (I see a house with a huge pool in the backyard full of goldies right next to a big hole that will become the second pool when the first is full)

It's raining fish!

What are your plans for them? Pet store?

I know, I know. Pet store is the last option but it may be the only option eventually. They will take them- I asked. But, I am hoping to keep some and maybe find friends to take some. There is also a very large pond with goldies in it at one of the places I work and that might be a possibility. The fish would have to be larger as that pond is full of koi and large comets/commons.

Moved them into the 10 gallon today. They look so tiny in there! Since I now have a total 18 fry I am looking at yet another tank...went round the house with a tape measure today trying to find a space for another 55 minimum to house these guys. half of them will be going to friends and pet store, but I'll wait till they all have colors before choosing. It's a hard thing to choose but I have to be firm about this- can not keep them all.

Do you realize that, with a minimum of work, a wooden frame can be constructed to span a bathroom sink, covering over the faucets and the open bowl, allowing a tank to sit there? I have done it.

:rofl

I am in the process of putzing through the house looking for space for an extra 20-30 gallon tank for fry, too!!!! :yeah:

Now there's a place I haven't measured!!!!!I knew there had to be more options :rofl

Of course there is the little matter of not being able to see out the window when brushing ones teeth but hey

with fry to look at who needs a view :D Good luck with your measuring day Carol- I just know you'll come up with something! :D

Big big big news! New tank :redbanana: !!!!! I found a space and a bargain 33 gallon long/breeder tank, perfect size for a corner of the house I can utilise :bingo: Only prob, it is a very dark corner...no window or light at all. It means all day lighting but no other options left.

Anyway today is the third batch of fries one month :rockon birthday so here's pics of the remaining 6 fry:

P1010409.jpg

P1010402.jpg

P1010408.jpg

P1010407-1.jpg

P1010405.jpg

:heart:bingo:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh sorry I must have missed these pics! They are so adorable! One very dark and one pale?!

My pond fry are born in June, so they are soon one month.