Sign in to follow this  
jamisskat

Warty Like Growth On Orandas Wen

:) good morning everyone! my oranda seems to have a funky little growth on her wen :blink: it started out she was breaking out with those white bumps that would go away then all of a sudden a warty like growth appeared. this is my 2nd day treating with mela fix and it seems to be getting smalller :) its not open or really gross looking :blink: just looks weird. the best way to describe is warty looking with a tad bit of redness thats going away. im wondering if one of those white bumps got infected? shes eating good, acting normal lazy as always but i do have her alone for the moment. my nitrate is 5,nitrite 0,ammonia 0 its weird maybe some sort of bacterial going on but im happy to say it seems like the mela fix is working :) does anyone know what this could be? she dosent seem to be in danger but as always your help is again needed :D

i just looked at her and it appears under the warty looking growth it seems brusied :blink: its not red anymore. just looks like a light purple wart. im confused never seen anything like this and curious to read your responses. also, when she swims it jiggles on her head. the growth is not really big about the size of a tiny fingernail.

Edited by jewels

I dont know what that could be, just continue with the melafix until someone else replies

:( anyone here? the sore seems to be better though...

Hi Jewels,

Do you have a pic of the warts or the white bumps? Do your fish look/act healthy otherwise?

As for the white bumps on the wen, my Oranda, Sash used to get them along with some on the almost transparent part at the end of his veil-tail. I used salt and it would get rid of some of it but never completely. I was never sure what they were exactly were but it never seemed to bother Sash.

Anyway, my Ryukin, Jack who has never been sick ever has been sick and to make a long story short, I treated the entire tank with Antibac-bath. Jack is a little better but still sick. However, any trace of the white bumps on Sash are completely gone. Even on the transparent thin part of his veil-tail that almost always had the white bumps.

Edited by Jack of Hearts

:) well i got up this morning and found my orandas sore on the wen is complety gone :D the mela fix is doing its job. on the other hand shes got a little bit of fin rot on her tail :( im still using mela fix and will continue for 4 more days. i cant afford to get anything eles for her so what can i do to help the fin rot? salt? heat?

:) well i got up this morning and found my orandas sore on the wen is complety gone :D the mela fix is doing its job. on the other hand shes got a little bit of fin rot on her tail :( im still using mela fix and will continue for 4 more days. i cant afford to get anything eles for her so what can i do to help the fin rot? salt? heat?

I'm glad to hear the sores on the wen is completely gone! :D

Salting is always good and gradually raising the temp to 80F certainly should help because the higher temp will boost the goldies' immune system.

will the salting help the fin rot also? i love this fish alot and so far shes doing well im glad the warty thing fell off leaving no holes or anything like that on her wen. i understand sometimes with a bacterial infection fin rot can set in so since shes got very little fin rot i want to nip it in the behind :)

thats good that ur fishie is doing better, the salt and melafix should both help the finrot go away.

Are you sure it's not just new wen growth? I heard that it looks kinda funky when there's new stuff growing.

Are you sure it's not just new wen growth? I heard that it looks kinda funky when there's new stuff growing.

no this was real bad looking it looked like a purple wart :blink: it actually fell off but theres no hole in the wen so thats good. im not sure what happend just got bigger and bigger than turned purple. right now the wen looks heathly but she came down with alittle fin rot so what ever it was it was bacterial.

Hi Julie :)

How's the water quality? Still excellent?

Melafix will help with surface abrasions etc but does little for any internal bacterial infection so with that said, try to keep the water excellent and as a suggestion, you can salt to 0.1% (1tsp per gallon).

Would you be able to describe the finrot in more detail? Is there a powdery coating around the edges of the fins? Or are they split? Any redness? Fin rot can be caused by several things however its appearance can usually give a good indication of the underlying cause.

How far is it progressing? And how quickly?

:) water is fine the fin rot seems to be getting better but its still there. she didnt get the fin rot until the warty thing came off her wen. the fin rot has split the fins and there is redness where the fins look shreaded. it doesnt appear to be getting worst but im keeping a eye out couple times a day.

:) happy to report the oranda has made a full recovery :panana and guess what? i noticed some breeding stars!!! :heart i have him in the main tank again and hes enjoying the space. the fin rot has gone away completly and wen looks as great as it did when i brought him home :heart