Updated Pics,

vmlola

What are the summer temps like in Texas, Lola? Very hot I'm assuming!

Hotter then I like! Its not so much the daytime high, which usually average high 90's-115 degrees F, but that the nights do not cool off too much and theres no shade and seldom any clouds to help soften the desert sun. Its not the same for all of Texas, El Paso being as far West TX as you can get, but there are areas to the East where they have trees and green grass and lakes,that may help cool things down a bit, where as here we have"Nothing" to help cool things down. I'm just worried that 300 gal will heat up beyond where the temp should be for the heath of my fish! I have the good size pump running the filter with the fountain and that will help with the aeration plus I'm running two large sponge filters, each with their own pump, so lots of water movement and air going into the water.

your fish are beautiful, your pearlscale is so chubby, very cute :exactly at a store they were calling the pearlscales golfball fish lol, yours matches that description very well :D

Wow do the fish look great. I am love with your ranchus and lionheads. I see my lemon lionhead is doing good-lol I can't wait to get my pond. I am so happy that your fish are doing so well. I hope it all works out for me as well Tell me again what you have in there for filters. I need to buy them in the next couple of weeks. Anyways more fishy pics. The water is so clear you can get really good shots. How did the fern stuff on top do it looks like they are eating it, but that would be good right. Well I hope you post a couple more pics-very nice.

I see doggie pics. Does Ally actually have a neck or am I seeing a different pug. I don't even know that dog who is that slim looking pug-lol

Rach

if the temp gets too high you can buy a cooling system but they usually cos cost around $500 for a crap one. just a suggestion though.

i bet the fish go :peeka boo

Imogen, here are a couple pics of the Red Eyed Balrog,

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

OMG I am sick. I am so in love :heart:heart:thud:D

Side note- how do you get all the qoutes in one post Lorrie, you must be so fast. I find if I wait more than 30 secs it goes in anew post :idont maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Ally is looking great btw and she wouldn't scare me off, she'd get a big smooch. So would her chocolate friend :D

Side note- how do you get all the qoutes in one post Lorrie, you must be so fast. I find if I wait more than 30 secs it goes in anew post :idont maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I think I know what you mean Imogen - take a look at this

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=49165

Like it says, what you do is click on the "plus qoute" tag next to the "qoute" tag (then it turns to a red negative) for all the posts you want to qoute from and then hit reply. You will then be presented with a page with everyones posts on it, all in seperate qoute brackets. Then just edit out the posts (remembering to keep all the individual qoute brackets in place). Then, just put you own comments inbetween the qouted text. It can look a little confusing, particularly if you're reply to a lot of qoutes in one post, but it's quicker then replying individually. That's how I do it anyway, there may be other ways too. Have a little experiment, but just cancel before it posts it. Does that make sense? :)

Edited by mrbumblebee

:) All you do is click on "Fast Reply" at the end od the last post! You will get a small box at the bottom of the page, then you go highlight the quote you want to reply to, scroll back down to the box that opened when you hit Fast Reply and click on "Add Selected Text As Quote"! You can do it with as many quotes as you want then click on "Add Reply"! All yor quotes and replies will be together.

VERY nice setup that you have there

Thanks Kelly, its small, simply but has been alot of fun.

your fish are beautiful, your pearlscale is so chubby, very cute at a store they were calling the pearlscales golfball fish lol, yours matches that description very well

Thanks Shamu, she does have the golfball look.

How did the fern stuff on top do it looks like they are eating it,

They do eat some of it, its Fairy Moss, looks like Duck Weed, and it does not last, but provides some nice shade while its in there.

I see doggie pics. Does Ally actually have a neck or am I seeing a different pug. I don't even know that dog who is that slim looking pug-lol

Yes, thats my Ally! She is looking and doing great! Alot of work, but worth every minute if it makes her feel good.

Ally is looking so much better Lorrie! I'm so glad!

Thanks Kat, Ally is actually growing hair again, no more "Waxed" look!

if the temp gets too high you can buy a cooling system but they usually cos cost around $500 for a crap one. just a suggestion though.

Well, if the temp gets too high, the fish will come back inside for the hotter months!

Imogen, I explained about the "Fast Reply" in the post before this one.

:) All you do is click on "Fast Reply" at the end od the last post! You will get a small box at the bottom of the page, then you go highlight the quote you want to reply to, scroll back down to the box that opened when you hit Fast Reply and click on "Add Selected Text As Quote"! You can do it with as many quotes as you want then click on "Add Reply"! All yor quotes and replies will be together.

I thought there would be more than one way to do the same thing, there tends to be with most functions on the site. I don't use the fast reply function very often, might try that too :)

I don't use the fast reply function very often, might try that too

Its such an easy way to quote someone, thats the only time I use it!

Such beautiful pics that cute little face looking out the water :heart Your Arwen a Doberman or a weimeraimer hard to tell from pic. Don't think Ally could do much he obviously loves his food more :rofl

Such beautiful pics that cute little face looking out the water Your Arwen a Doberman or a weimeraimer hard to tell from pic. Don't think Ally could do much he obviously loves his food more

Arwen is a weimeraimer! She barks like a Dobie and is as brave as a mouse.

Ally has lost ten pounds in the last 10 weeks, so she is much slimmer then the pics I used to post!

Love your dogs too. Too bad they have graveyard guard duty though.

Thanks Jim, but don't let them fool ya, they pull Graveyard Shift laying on my bed between my husband and I. I have a glass patio door in my bedroom, which is open partially for late night potty breaks, that also goes out to the patio, and on the "Chance", probably a "Fat Chance" they hear something, they will let us know.