I've Lost The Battle....

Sushi67

Sushi please explain why you've lost the battle. that green water looks fabulous- perfect density.

oh well. At least we know it's good for them. This could be a "before" photo, and in a few months you can show us how plump they are :D

:) Well, I think it looks great! I think it is hard for many of us to Welcome green water, but knowing that it is so much better for the goldfish will help us get used to it. I'm sure your fish are wonderfully happy and healthy!

Guest Angel

I can't seem to keep the green out of my water either! I'm glad it's okay for the fish, I honestly didn't know it was until my return to this board. I was totally stressed about it. :krazy:

You're fish are very cute, by the way!!

Edited by Angel

rock4life- 46 gallons

mr.fish- Really? Its just river pebbles.

Trinket-I was fighting it because I didn't know at first it was green water. I thought something horrible was going on with my tank, then it turned green so I stropped doing every other day water changes. Besides the water changes were making my little fish do things that they are to young to be trying.lol.

My mom HATES it. I'm use to it now. I think I will let the green water stay around until mid-summer or until I get my galvanized troff from my aunt.

dickey's_assistant- Most of the fish are about as big as they are going to get. I'm really hoping it helps out my little ranchu. I would love for him to get big.

Kibum is in the middle, hogging the photo

000_4363.jpg

Cool pics. I don't have a clue with green water tho I seem be able get algae no probs and I don't want it.

i think your tank is over stocked i counted 7 fish there should really only be 4 in there

the rule of thumb is

20 gallons per single tailed goldfish and 10 gallons per fancy tailed goldfish

nice how did you get the water that green? lots of sunlight?

nice. how did you get the water that green? lots of sunlight?

hmmm double post sorry

nice how did you get the water that green? lots of sunlight?

nice. how did you get the water that green? lots of sunlight?

hmmm double post sorry

Combination I think of good lighting and being smack in front of a picture window. :)

Combination I think of good lighting and being smack in front of a picture window. :)

nice i don't have the luxury of a window as my fish tank is my room and as you get to my window the floor starts to become uneven and saggy so i can not put them there otherwise the stand wobbles and the fish tank would fall over and i would be all :o

rock4life-

Overstocked is really only an "opinion" and 20/10 gallons are only guidelines. If you can handle a few more fish then is is very possible to house fish beyond the guidelines. So if you prefer weekly water changes instead of daily to every other day water changes then stick to the guidelines.

Please don't assume that keeping more fish than the guidelines is wrong and don't assume its correct, it depends on experience and dedication to hard work. I believe that there are quite a few experienced goldie owners on this forum that also keep more fish in their larger( at least 30 gallons) tanks than what the guidelines say.

The common is the only one that will be leaving. He is way to large for the 46 gallon even if he was the only fish. He is a little over a year old(what I was told when I bought him at the beginning of March) and already 11 inches long.

Katalyst-

Nice tank. Love the plant in the middle.

My tank has gotten much darker, I can't see past 4 inches or so. My fish are blurs. lol.

Here is what the tank looks like. I just did a 50% water change last night. :blink:

100_2057.jpg

HOLY COW!!!! And I thought the water was green when I had it! Is there any fish in there? :D

rock4life-

Overstocked is really only an "opinion" and 20/10 gallons are only guidelines. If you can handle a few more fish then is is very possible to house fish beyond the guidelines. So if you prefer weekly water changes instead of daily to every other day water changes then stick to the guidelines.

Please don't assume that keeping more fish than the guidelines is wrong and don't assume its correct, it depends on experience and dedication to hard work. I believe that there are quite a few experienced goldie owners on this forum that also keep more fish in their larger( at least 30 gallons) tanks than what the guidelines say.

The common is the only one that will be leaving. He is way to large for the 46 gallon even if he was the only fish. He is a little over a year old(what I was told when I bought him at the beginning of March) and already 11 inches long.

Katalyst-

Nice tank. Love the plant in the middle.

My tank has gotten much darker, I can't see past 4 inches or so. My fish are blurs. lol.

Here is what the tank looks like. I just did a 50% water change last night. :blink:

100_2057.jpg

That's a beautiful tank Sushi! Your tanks are always gorgeous though!

If you really want to get rid of the green water you can put carbon in. I only did it because it was starting to smell like a swamp in the living room and it took the smell and most of the color right out. I took the carbon out two days ago and its already getting green again which is a good thing. I just worry when I can't see them clearly that if something was wrong I wouldn't know. Plus its in front of my picture window and you have the see the looks the house gets when I put the light on and people are walking by. Looks like fishies swimming in anti freeze lol.