Sign in to follow this  
ryukingirl793

Moses Is Doing Badly Again

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level? 0

Nitrite Level? 0

Nitrate level? 30

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)? 7.2

Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running? 20 gallons, about 2 months

What is the name and size of the filter/s? whisper filter 20

How often do you change the water and how much? once a week 25%

How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 fish, moses is about 5 in, other is 2-3

What kind of water additives or conditioners? aquasafe

Any medications added to the tank? melafix

Add any new fish to the tank? a few months back, and it died shortly after i got it

What do you feed your fish? plain sinking granules

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? a sore on his side from an injured scale, appears infected or something. also, a dark spot on the hood that developed into a sort of festering sore. other fish in the tank a few months ago had the same thing until it died

Any unusual behavior like staying

at the bottom, not eating, ect..? a little lethargic but he's always just been a lazy fish. big appetite, as always. he's flashing a little on the gravel and seems just a little clumsy. i don't quite know how to post pictures, but here's some URL links.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/flyi...eswholeside.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/flyi...93/100_0445.jpg

Edited by ryukingirl793

Sorry that your fish isn't doing well.

How long has that spot been there? And how long have you been using the Melafix?

Do you have any medicated food? I would suggest that at this point. I am concerned with the spot on his wen. Is it getting any worse or staying the same?

I am always scared of "hole in the head" disease, but I know little on it. You may want to research that just in case.

Thanks for your answer. :)

The spot is getting progressively worse each day. I'm also worried about hole in the head disease, which i think is what the other one had. I went to an lfs and a guy that sounded like he knew what he was talking about said it was something different, some sort of infection. The spot's been there for a week or two, getting bigger and bigger. I started Melafix about a week and a half ago, treating for the sore on his body.

I don't have any medicated food. Is it available at, say, a mmm?

The best medicated food can be purchased online at goldfish connection. Metromed or Medigold are the 2 antibotic foods.

The pet stores only offer Jungle Labs, antibotic food. It is ok, but for serious illness you want to go with goldfish connection's foods.

Thank you again. :)

I've been doing some research, and I think it might be HLLE (head and lateral line erosion) because he's not really showing any internal symptoms (normal poop and all). So I think I'll look into the medicated food, increase water changes and all. But I'll also increase nutrients and food variety, which is a kind of treatment for HLLE. I'll keep you posted, for better or worse.