Connection W/your Goldie

Hi, just wanted to let this out since a lot of you know what I'm talking about. One thing i hate is when ppl think a goldie is just a "stupid fish" w/no feelings and they laugh when you get sad when something bad happens to them. Ppl do not realize how attached you can get to your fish. The day Butterball passed, I never thought this was possible but I was still in Ohio (I live in Canada), heading to the gym when I had this strange feeling, almost heart breaking feeling that something wasn't right. I felt this urge to cry. I remember turning to the person driving me to the gym and telling her that I felt something was wrong and that something bad would happen that day. I brushed this feeling off thinking nothing of it until later on that day I got this call from my mom saying that Butterball had died. I never thought that you can connect to a fish or any pet so much that you become almost spiritually attached, if that makes sense. I will never forget that day or that feeling.

thanks, just wanted to let this out. :)

karla

I too have had my share of ultra-intuitive thoughts. I couldn't really attribute it to a spiritual connection but the feelings are definitely real. I will tell you one thing though, there is almost nothing I wouldn't do for any of my animals. I've made some VERY heavy sacrifices for my animals and will continue to do so if the occasion arises........ :exactly

I know you've heard it all before but time will definitely heal the gap left in you by Butterball. :heart

Paul

Guest Chicklette

I know, same thing here. I really do get very attached to my fish. I do get very upset if my fish die. Of course I have my favorites I get excited & happy when I?m buying new fish. A lot of people just don't understand that & think they are "just" fish, so I?m with ya!!!!

When I fist said I was getting a "goldfish" they laughed & thought it was funny. But I love my two little monkeys. Goldfish have a bad rep. for being dumb but there not. They are very personal & interactive, like cichlids. They are far from dumb.

Sorry about butter ball!

I know this may sound strange but I only cry when a fish dies sudden like. If one gets sick and then dies after weeks or tring to make it or even days. I am sad but usally dont cry.

If one of my fish that have no names like my guppies die they dont bother me at all. Weird I know since Im such a fish lover.

The first oscar we had only lived about five years not sure how old he was when we got him. He was in a 10gallon tank and about 6 inches long. He never got very big cause of that tank. I didnt cry about him but my husband sure did. Like a big ole baby.