Filter: Penguin 150 (Two Type B Filters at once) -change filters once a month-

Once a week I change 30% of the water,

Every month I clean in 50%

Two Goldies Lionhead and Ryukin almost two and three inches

Aqua Safe, Water Conditioner

No new fish

No medications yet

Fish are fed Hikari Lionhead food and peas

There are some cottony pieces on my lion heads wen but they seem to fall off (His wen is also growing). And then my Ryukin has quite a few cottony pieces on its tail. I'm assuming this is true fungus. And even so, the fish are acting completely normal. I also think that they may have popeye or some other bacterial infection because I just recently lost a fish to Dropsy. But it's so hard to tell if they really have popeye cause they move their eyes around like normal. And then it's even harder to tell with the Lionhead because of his wen. I'm really concerned.

I have Maracyn Two left over from when my other fish had Dropsy and my mom is going to get some Moroxy for the fungus when she comes home.

My real problem is what to do with the fish. I only have one ten gallon hospital tank and then my 30 gallon tank. Since Medication is so expensive I don't want to but a million tablets into the thirty gallon tank. But I really don't want to worry about keeping two fish in the 10 gallon tank. Any suggestions? :krazy: As well I don't want to mess up my show tank with the medications.

Should I go ahead and treat for bacterial infections with Maracyn Two even though Im not too sure? And also, I still havn't cleaned my tank from after my fish with Dropsy has been in it :wall Im also supposed to clean the main tank right now. I'll go ahead and change 30%.

If there is a salt suggestion I am honestly too worried about putting in too much to actually do salt.

I can distinctly identify popeye in one of my Ryukins eyes and I dont want to risk my tigerhead having it as well and then not having enough medicin. Im going to go ahead and put the Maracyn-Two in my main tank.

Sorry to hear about your fishies. My goldfish had something like that on his head once. The petstore people said it was ich (even though I still dont really believe them) but it went away after a couple of days with ich treatment, so I would probably try the medication. It cant hurt to at least try.

Aw, thanks. :) Im glad your fishy is better :)

I bought some medicin and Ive put in the Maracyn-Two and the Moroxy and they are supposed to be able to work together so we'll see how it goes.

I plan on giving them peas for the next five days while they are on the medication.

My first recommendation is to get the water tested for all params. Only knowing the ammonia isn't enough to assume the water is safe. Especially when you change the filters every month. I don't want to scare you, but you could be doing damage to the cycle with that.

If you can't afford the tests to bring home, you can have the lfs do it for free. Just have them write down the results to post here. This is highly important.

Especially now since meds are going in. They too can affect the cycle.

The package said to change it every month o_o because I thought it was only the bio wheel you weren't supposed to change.

I'll try my best to get the tests ASAP. But my fish seem to be doing better.

Do you have any tips on how to give Maracyn-Two? I'd just drop it in the tank but Im sure my fish would eat it and thats not good.

Hi when i treated my fish w/maracyn 2, i used their feeding container, collected a bit of their water and put the meds in there until they dissolved and then i added it in the back of the tank, away from them so they wouldn't get excited and think it's feeding time :D . Afterwards I would rinse out their container w/hot water. But first you should get your water checked out.

karla