Lionheads

^^

wow...i've posted a lot today....

----> annnyyywayyyy, yesterday i purchased the most ADORABLE goldie [in the tank labeled 'lionhead'] to be a companion for my small calico ryunkin.

Porkchop, [the lionhead] has all the distinguished bodily features of a lionhead aside from having a wen.

If you look closly at his head it appears that he has the startings of one...i guess.

simply out of curiousity,

Him being only about 1 and a half inches in body size, is there still time for him to develop a wen?

I mean, i love him to death w/ or w/out a wen, but is there a chance that he could eventually grow one?

...he is a lionhead after all ^^

--->i'll try and upload some pictures to help with the analysis =]

I saw some of the lionheads at the LFS do not have wens. I also wonder if lionhead type has two different types. I mean one has wen. The other does not.

Edited by david_l

...that's a good point david... but all the other lionheads in the tank [when i bought him] had wens.

hmmm.

i wonder...

...or maybe porkers just won't get one, but he does have slight lumps where his wen /should/ be...

idk.

can anyone infer anything w/ the photos?

...they're so blurry.

x.x

Edited by Callie

He should grow a wen, but how big it gets is up to genetics and environment. Feed him good protein: bloodworms, good quality dry foods, etc. and you increase the chance of good wen development. Unfortunately, if he has crummy genetics, there's not much you can do about that. But wait and see - he is very young yet and it should grow for you. I've heard that it is better for the fish healthwise if he grows large in body mass before the wen really gets started - the extra body mass will help the fish support the extra weight on it's head. Makes sense really.

:) Congrats on the new fish.I soooo adore my Lionheads. :heart

I agree with what mtammyo mentioned.I also know that a Breeder some time ago,actually told me that the older the fish is at obtaining a wen,isthe better, as it gives his body proper time to develop so that he can handle carrying the bigger wen.Don't know how acurate that is,but it made sense to me kind of. :D

I have some Lionheads who for almost 3 years,hardly had any sort of wen growth,and all of a sudden boom!!! Here that wen growth comes. :exactly

ahahaha.

that sounds about right ^^ [and i too have come to adore my little lionhead, he has such a little personality, oh boy! =D]

so all hope is not lost for dear porkers---as far as wen growing goes.

=] [although i love dear porkers either way]

thanks for the responces guys x3

i'll just have to wait and see what happens---- and feed him lots of protein rich foods **

thanks again

<3

Edited by Callie