Will My Ryukins Tail Fins Get Longer?

Guest TapewormLuvin

Guest TapewormLuvin

will my ryunkins tail fins get longer(compared to its body size) as it gets older? i bought it yesterday and its body is about 2 1/2 inches long.

thanks for any replies

IMG_0136.jpg

Guest TapewormLuvin

no way to know if its the short tailed kind except wait? how long before i should notice it getting bigger? and how long before i need a bigger tank and how big? right now it is in a 10 gallon.

Edited by TapewormLuvin

10 gallons is usually an okay size for goldfish on average--- it's a ten gallon per fish ratio.

so i'd say you're in pretty good shape ^^

VERY VERY cute fish btw.

i recently bought a calico ryukin and love her death x3

they're so cute.

yayyy

Guest TapewormLuvin

a small ryukin cant be housed with a larger one can it?(i know this is probably a dumb question but i am new to fish!)

a smaller fiah cam be placed with a larger one as long as the smaller one is larger than 1 1/2 times the size of the big ones mouth. 10 gallons per fancy godfish is OK, but I wouldnt really suggest it. fancys usually gat around 6-8 inches, but there have been cases where the fancys have gotten larger than 10 inches. Just wondering, but when did you set up the tank? is it cycled?

Guest TapewormLuvin

it had water in it and filter and airpump running for 4 days before i got the fish then when i got it home i found out you shouldnt cycle tanks with goldfish........

That is such a cute lil' baby you have there! You will have fun learning all kinds of ways to spoil him/her rotten!!

Keep posting pictures along so we can watch the growth!! :exactly