Second Filter

Nykole

I have a Bio-wheel right now and I want to add more filtration. What type of filter should I get? I was thinking along the lines of a canister filter. Also any recommendations of a filter for a frog(Bullfrog type....not really sure yet as they are just tadpoles) tank?

Thanks,

I saw a kinda cool filter at mmm. forgot the name but it seemed like it had the same concept as the bio wheel but insted of the bio wheel it has like ridges that the water goes though and the bactria lives. i would check your local mmm, and see if they have it, it might be a not be a big brand yet had never heard of it and if i din't habve a biowheel i would get on e of those (infact im lookingforward to when mine breaks) but yea it seemed to have very nice features; ajustable flow, good filter element, a bacteria "growing area" it seemed really cool, and the thing that i liked the best is that the filter doesn't seem like it produces a strong flow of water like what the penguins do, ... hope that helps

If you7 get one pm me and tell me how it works

Cheers

There are no Petcos near me. Only a vvvv and such......

Thanks for the reply anyways.

P.S next time you go to your mmm get the name of the filter. Sounds interesting enough to check out and maybe they'll carry it at vvvv. :)

as a secondary filter, pretty much any kind will do. as far as a filter for a tadpole/frog, shark underwater filters work great. compact, quiet, sits on the bottom or sticks to the side.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a question about filters...I saw a small filter that would hang outside you tank and run the water through a series of elements before it gets spat out again back into the tank. The problem is, the box doesn't say anything about how the water gets sucked in. The shop people doesn't have a clue either. There's no where to attatch a pump and an air-hose as well.