Someone Friendly In My Neighborhood

Guest Halloween

Guest Halloween

Well, I went out this morning to feed our two pond Commons. I couldn't find them so I moved the floating piece of wood over and there they were like I was expecting however....

I discovered a third fish.. I wintered 2 with me in my room and now there is a black and orange common as well.. About 3 and half inches too. My mother would NEVER buy a fish that big for the pond and my dad hates all animals big and small so he wouldn't buy one. I didn't buy it (shocker right?) so I think we have a friendly neighbor among us... Or maybe an irate neighbor who told their child to get rid of it so they dumped it in our pond.

It's all good though, all additions welcome in our pond!!!

:) Maybe hes vacationing for the summer in MN and just dropped in! Do you think someone would put a fish in your pond without telling or better yet asking you if it was OK? That is really wierd, but there have been stranger stories here about people getting rid of their fish.

Pics when you can, as we love them here.

Apparently one of your goldfish has gotten in quite the relationship; already at the move-in stage, and this early in the season. Don't be alarmed: I find random people living with me all the time!

Congrats on the newly acquired fish! Now where are those pics...

Edited by Stupidfly

It's the kind of thing I can imagine happening. Someone moving, someone winning a fish that their parents don't want in the house or someone who just doesn't think it is cute anymore. They should have asked first, but I still think its possible someone also came in and put him in there. Or maybe a bird dropped him -from another pond!

This is one of those times where a camcorder set up by your pond might have captured some very interesting event :D