Shamu23

What Could Be Wrong With Him?

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level? 0

Nitrite Level? 0

Nitrate level?

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)? 7.6

Ph Level out of the Tap? 7.7 or 7.8

Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running? 46 gallons, a couple of weeks

What is the name and size of the filter/s? AquaClear 50 and Fluval 2 plus submersible for 23 gallons

How often do you change the water and how much? 10-20% once a week, 25-30% every second week

How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 calico fantail- 1 1/2 inches, 1 black moor-1 1/2 inches

What kind of water additives or conditioners? AquaPlus, Cycle

Any medications added to the tank? 2 days ago, Petcetera General aid

Add any new fish to the tank? not yet, one in quarantine

What do you feed your fish? powdered baby fish food (this is just for the fantail because he cant open his mouth.)

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

Any unusual behavior like staying

at the bottom, not eating, ect..? bottom sitting, hiding, he's also been constipated for a couple of months, he cant eat peas

Hi, since today my fantail named Cinnamon has started hiding in one of the ornaments in the tank. I have lifted it up twice today, then he'll just sit in the corner. It seems like he's having trouble swimming up. He has had several diseases in the past, so he's kinda weak, but still a happy fish. I always soak the food. Im going to get some melafix on thursday I think, Im hoping it will help.

I can't remember, Shamu - does Cinnamon have some sort of physical problem that he can't open its mouth? Does he somehow suck up the small foods you are feeding him? Have you tried to make a thicker paste out of the peas and see if he gets some of that in? How often do you feed him, and has he grown in your care? Just trying to figure out if he at least gets all the nutrients into him he needs to grow. :)

What I noticed with severly handicapped fish that have gone through illnesses before is that sometimes things just get them over the edge. Might be that all the disadvantages the little fellow has just keep creeping up on him, and one day he has had enough. Hiding is definetely not a good sign.

yes, he has a problem with his mouth you can read about it here

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=58110

He can probably suck up the baby fish food its very small. I've tried peapaste but Im not sure if got any, i'll try again soon. I now feed him just once a day cause my other fishie eats half of it and I dont want to overfeed my black moor Shadow. He has been growing a little slow, but he's double the size of when I first got him before christmas. He's bottom sitting a lot, and he seems to have trouble swimming up, and fighting the currents,just this morning he was fine though. Please help he's not looking to good.

He was feeling a little better this morning but now he's just like before. I moved him to a large rubbermaid with no filter or airstone cause the currents are to strong for him at the moment. There is also no gravel, no medication and no salt. Im really hoping that this will make him feel better.

Please someone help, he's my best friend in the whole wide world.

:( Oh hon I'm sorry Cinnamon is sick again. I sent you an email last night did u get it? I guess the best you could do for little fishie is adding some salt and keeping an eye on the water quality. Have you managed to test your nitrates? Has he lost soem of the weight he gained the past few weeks? Did you manage to get a hold of the meds? I reallly hope he pulls through...I know you :heart your fishie! Good luck buddy and keep us posted please!

I'll add salt after school. I havent gotten a nitrate testkit yet. I cant get the melafix until thursday. Im gonna do a waterchange every second day. He was feeling better yesterday but now he's just like before again. He hasnt lost any weight but he's not eating :( . I'll check my email right away.

havent added salt yet but will soon

Thanks for the reply Ranchugirl and takumi, but sadly its already to late.

r.i.p. cinnamon :cry1:heart

i am sorry to hear about cinnamon. you did everything you could. it's never easy losing a fish we love. alistairw

:( Sorry that you lost cinnamon,Shamu. :heart

I still cant believe he's gone, Im never gonna get over this, I would be crying right now, but I cant cry anymore. :cry1

I'm so sorry you lost Cinnamon :(

thanks u guys, the poor fishie