For Vmlola

Guest beemo

Guest beemo

hi

i noticed you bought goldies off ebay from goldfish world. i tried to respond to the origional post but it was moved and closed, i also am unable to PM you :(

how long have you had his fish?

i bought 9 fish from him 6 months ago, all but 2 are dead now. they kept getting illness after illness so i was wondering if it was his fish or something with me.

im very curious to see how another buyer of his fishes are doing.

i did talk to another buyer who said they had fish from him die and they had an autopsy done and it came back the fish had TB.

my fish from him kept getting open sores, i would treat them only for the sores to come back a second time which would lead to their death.

this happend several months after i purchased them. in the beginning they were fine, even tripled in size.

let me know how long you have had yours from goldfish world and if they show any signs of illness.

im trying to get to the bottom of my fishes deaths, which are still a mystery :(

beemo...

I am not Vmlola but since I have bought from goldfish world I thought I would chime in :)

I have bought three fish from him. Two Wakin and a Ranchu. The Wakins I bought about nine months ago and the Ranchu about four or five months ago. All arrived healthy and are doing well today. My only complaint is his claim that they were 'Show Quality'. They are not.

:) I am not sure how many fish I have bought from this seller, I'm too lazy to go count, but several at this time. All fish have been healthy, my problem was with the way FedEx handled my packages from him. I had some bad results, even death, due to rough handling of the boxes.

All the fish remain healthy and growing, some of my favorites are his Ranchus and Lionheads. I agree with Sonny though, Roland does list them as "Show Quality" and I believe that they are not. But they are beautiful fish and 100% better then anything I can get locally. Roland has always been a delight to work with and stands behind his fish. He has always been quick to answer any questions or concerns I have had after the fish arrive.

I have loss one of his fish though, just a short time ago, Lemon, my all white Ryukin! Lemon was the perfect looking fish, beautiful in my opinion. I went to bed leaving a very healthy, begging for food fish and she passed away during the night. Not a mark on her, no sign of illness, Nothing to give a clue as to what caused her death. She arrived from Roland perfect looking and had acted healthy up to the end. I got her several months ago. But some of my others I have had over a year.

Guest beemo

oh ok thanks

somethings wrong with my fishees, i guess i'll never find out what happend :(

you are right about his fish looking the best compared to locally. his fish were adorable! great faces, body, and markings

i have one now from him that looks like pete from the little rascals, a white calico ranchu with a big black patch over his eye. hes healthy as of now, but there is something going on in my tank so i dont have much hope anymore

I am sorry to hear about your fish dying beemo. I personally haven't gotten any fish from the place you have, but I have been dealing with a lot of goldifsh loss lately. I lost 4 before I figured out what was hurting them. My pH was super low and kept crashing. Are you testing your water, do you know what the params are? This could be an issue.

Its hard to lose a fish! And I am sorry!

Guest beemo

i did talk to another person who bought fish from this ebayer. her fish died. she took one of the dead fish for a necropsy(?)

the fish came back positive for Mycobacteria infection, which is incurable and has a sure death sentence. im pretty sure mycobacteria is fish TB

my water quality has always been perfect

tank is 220 gallons

ph is 7.5-7.6 (hard to read)

temp 77

ammonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrates very low 0-0.05 ppm

water changes 20% weekly

i have four fish left, one of which is allready showing signs, open sores.

im sure the rest will be dead within a month :(

i will start over, disinfecting should be difficult, since its a hard bacteria to rid. bleach may or may not kill all of the bacteria according to this one site

I just want to say that I too have bought quite a few,and had a few extra's sent through me over time.I do also have to admit that the ones that I've received haven't been top quality either as he usually mentions in his auctions,but as vmlola & Sonny mentioned,here locally,I can barely find goldfish and when I do they are the few everyday ones.For the prices that I have paid,I have beenvery satisfied. :D Let's be honest here,at the prices that the fish are going for in auction,they come nowhere close to the Dealers prices of "Quality" goldfish,so in essence,I guess we know not to really expect top quality.I am no "collector" or breeder though,I like cute faces and good health.

As for sick fish or fish that died from Roland,well I've had a few.One pkg was delivered with the box beat up and the fish just about dead(who later did die withen a few days).I also had the cutest little Lionhead named Daisy :heart who died overnight one day while spawning eggs.

I can not blame those deaths on Roland at all,but I will say that with the shipping problems he jumped right in there and sent extra fish on my next order.

The other fish I've gotten have done fine so far and I haven't had any problems(knock on wood)

I do own some very "raggedy looking bubble eyes",but that's because they think that they can walk through anything. :krazy::D

I have bought fish from Roland and they came very healthy but shipping is hard on them and I seem to get fin rot after a couple of days. I have also bought fish from Tommy and the same thing happened after shipping so I think I may have an issue with my water since they were from 2 different importers. I think the stress doesn't help either but after treatment/quarantine the fish have all recovered and I am pleased with what I have. Maybe there is something different in my water that's causing it but who knows because my parms are perfect. Both people were very honest in their sales and I believe sent me healthy fish but I think the shipping stress has a lot to do with my problems. I have not lost any fish to date-knock on wood

Guest beemo

yes his shipping can use some improvement. even some styrofoam peanuts would help..but to use nothing..yikes! all my fish made it through shipping and the boxes were undamaged. i was very lucky in that department.

im curious, but has everyone QT'd his fish??

i didnt QT at all, and i think that was my mistake

right now im treating the tank with prazipro and salt, praying to save the few fish i have left :(

Even if the fish come from reputable sources the stress of transport makes them vulnerable. Qt gives them a chance to recuperate before being introduced to the rest of your fish. Allows for treating any stress-related problems before they develop into something else.

I always qt, without exception. You are taking a big risk if you don't.

Guest beemo

yep i took a big risk that bit me in the butt :(

after this is all over i will QT for now on

when you QT, do you use medications at all as a precaution?

I QT every fish, it does not matter where I get them. I also treat them with a round of Parasite Clear, and salt the QT tank with a 0.3% solution for two weeks. And I feed medicated food for 14 days. I do not feed them for 24 hours after I get them and their first meal is peas. I go through all this with every fish and I think it has prevented alot of problems from happening. QT'ing is a major important step with bringing any new fish into your home.

Guest beemo

I QT every fish, it does not matter where I get them. I also treat them with a round of Parasite Clear, and salt the QT tank with a 0.3% solution for two weeks. And I feed medicated food for 14 days. I do not feed them for 24 hours after I get them and their first meal is peas. I go through all this with every fish and I think it has prevented alot of problems from happening. QT'ing is a major important step with bringing any new fish into your home.

this sounds like a good method. when it comes time for new goldies i will try it out :D

Quarantine is definetely a must, and no matter where the fish came from, they need to be quaranteened. Rick from Goldfishconnection always used to say, that even though is fish are clean, the stress of shipping can bring some underlaying problem on, and he recommded to everybody to qt their fish.

As for Roland, I have 14 fish from him over time, and only two died. But that was a Fedex problem, they were stuck in a snow storm and couldn't be shipped until the next day. One was dead on arrival, the other one died a week later.

Besides, shipping can be even harder on big fish, and it also depends on how far they travel. I live all the way in south GA, so the fish have a long trip from CA. And big fish have a hard time recovering, since they are the ones needing the most oxygen, or maybe are older, I don't know. The two dead ones were both 9 inch fish, and it was a Fedex mess-up. He is however very fast in either giving credit for dead fish, or sending a replacement. :thumbs:

Guest beemo

thanks

maybe once things have settled i'll get more fish from him. his fish are adorable! :D

i need to know more about QT...gotta start a new topic :)

Guest Angel

I've always wondered if anyone had problems with buying goldfish on the internet. Sorry to hear that some of you have. It's so sad to lose a goldie. :(

I have purchased 2 fish from this seller as well and neither made it past a year. :(

I wanted to make a correction here. I got my sellers mixed up!! The 3 fish from Goldfishworld are still with me and doing fine! One is floaty but OK. I had bad luck with a different seller. :rolleyes:

Guest beemo

i only bought from two sources, goldfishworld and vvvv. maybe vvvv goldies brought something in?

either way it was my fault for not QT anyone. i spent alot on Rolands fish, a few auctions i won went for $60 bux then add the shipping, so it wasnt cheap.

i learned the hard way :(

im still on the prazi treatment, and loads of dead worms are coming out. so they had some serious parasites going on :(

im still on the prazi treatment, and loads of dead worms are coming out. so they had some serious parasites going on

What kind of worms are coming out and from where! I have never seen dead worms after treating with Prazi. What were you treating for?

Guest beemo

i suspected flukes because they kept coming down with open sores.

when i first added prazi the fish immediately started to twitch and flash, which would be the flukes letting go of their grasp, irritating the goldies.

the worms im actually seeing came out of them..(out of their butts)

so they must have been loaded with intestinal worms, tape worms etc.

most of the worms were very small, white and thin, but a few were huge, clear/white almost looking like a sausage casing..very scary, but they were dead at least

i looked closely for fish lice but i could not find any. at this point im gonna guess they have every illness known to a goldie :(

metrogold food should be coming in the mail probably tomorrow, so i'll start them on that.

next week id like to start them on binox, but im still debating whether or not i should use that product. its SODIUM CHLORIDE and NITROFURAZONE

vvvv told me they quarantine, but only for a few days, and i forgot what she said they add to the tanks, i think it was methalane blue (?)

Guest beemo

yes its worms.

a few of them have had white stringy poop which is easy to tell appart from this stuff

it happends soon after the prazi is added

Wow, I have never seen that before. Its a good thing you did the treatment for them. I hope you can get your fish to a healthy point where you can enjoy them as it sounds like you have had your hands full.