How Much Can You Stand?

Trinket

Well it isn't secret any longer :D . I have to share these little poopers. Soon after Houdini passed :cry1 Trinket had eggs again and Flapper too and there were eggs all over everywhere :krazy: and I saved some and have been keeping a diary...(will post that later)...NEways here are pics of my new 10 day old FRY :rockon -all 16 of them -using my new camera!!!P1000318.jpg

P1000330.jpg

P1000308.jpg

P1000322.jpg

P1000306.jpg

P1000316.jpg

P1000298.jpg

P1000292.jpg:heart

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look just great Imo! :heart

Congrats and good luck and everything else I can think of!

They are too cute, I wonder what they are gonna look like!?

The worst part is the curiousity, I can't stand all the waiting! :rofl

I can't stand the wait either...the colors take so long to come out. It's like getting a care package and being told you cannot open it under any circumstance for at least 6 weeks...aargh!! :D Oh i hope it'll go better this time..but they seem so much stronger then the last ones and biger already :D so I'm quietly hopeful :):heart

:D I knew it!! I knew another chance would come,but I can't blame you for keeping quiet Imo.

They look really great and I am sure that this time around you'll have better luck.I can't wait to see them grow, :heart

Wow! They look good! What type of fish are the parents?

My fry (two of them) are about the same age and look very close to that. They are telescope babies. So far I can see that they both have a split tail and a dorsal fin. I tried taking pictures of them today but they were too blurry. :(

Thanks very much everyone for the warm welcome to my new fry :heart . It is really a lot more fun this time around. I am more confident. I am convinced that the breeder box used first time was not a good idea and the way to go is actually to remove the eggs from the main tank asap and raise them in their own tank from day one, which is what I am doing this time. It is so much easier to see in atank, to clean and not hurt the fry than it was reaching into a breeder box with a torch!!

Sonny- these are telescope eye fish too. That may be why they look familiar to you and your two :) Already you can see the raised eye socket and I too can now see small dorsal fin and very clear tail distinction/3parts as of the last few days. To answer your Q the parents are a mixed bag but all telescope. One set is from my 6 inch female black moor and my calico tele (Calypso). The other set are from an albino telescope siamese doll and her partner ;) a newish panda telescope :) . What are the parents of your two and how old are your fry now?

I am really hoping and praying for at least one albino telescope but I imagine it is a recessive gene. Fingers crossed.

PS Kat- I didn't notice the 'eyes' typo but it is funny actually with telescope babies they do look all eyes :D !

And I'm a big typo/speed texter- too so know how easy it is to get y above for g below ;)

Edited by Trinket

Very nice Jim! They will be gorgeous for sure. So our fry are exactly the same age. We can compare notes as we go :)

Well I think they have grown in the last few days so it's time for more pics!! :bingo:

12 Day Telescope eye Fry

P1000516.jpgP1000453.jpgP1000448.jpg

This one is better focused, a fry eating leftovers from the filter

P1000514.jpg

Some fin shots. In this one you can see the dorsal developing.P1000491.jpg

P1000418.jpg

and the teeniest one -here she isP1000379.jpg

They are all different sizes! :heart

Looking good! :exactly About on par with my two (makes me feel good to know mine aren't lagging too far behind :) ). May I ask what you are feeding? I've been giving mine live baby brine shrimp. Some batches don't produce too many babies though so today I started to supplement with some frozen daphnia. I noticed them spitting it back out, hopefully they'll get used to it.