Strange Things Happens

OldHag

Me and my sister were checking the new plecos when I suddenly saw something tiny swimming in the tank.

Worms? Flies? Insects or strange critters? No it was a goldfish fry.

I used some water from the goldie tank for the plecos.

A fry must have gotten into, and survived the transportation...

I have checked everyday for eggs and fry since I know there has been some spawning going on. Gullmer and Goldie has stars, and Carpus have been very fat with eggs.

I suppose they are the parents.

Picture342.jpg

I put it in the fry net, but maybe it could have survived with the plecos, or do they eat fry?

Picture356.jpg

:rolleyes: Anette,no new threads on breeding so you decided to start your own? :rofl

What a cute little bugger.

I've never had a problem with any of my Common's, Clowns,or Bristle's eating fry,unless it was allready dead,and that would normally be the case.As long as that guy can hide/swim,he should be okay. :)

I think I must have sucked him up as an egg and that he hatched in the pleco tank, he is very tiny, but free swimming! That must have saved his life, from 20 hungry goldies! Very special!

I can't wait to watch him grow, I will let him out in the pleco tank as soon as he gets bigger, I can hardly see him now, I would suck him up at water change!

Incredible! :D

He sure is a very cute fry :heart:D

I'm so happy that you saved the one fry and I would watch your tank with the parents in there they could do it all over again and have more cute fry! :D

Edited by Wasabi

A miracle fry! He is a lucky one :D Anette, I think he'll be fine with the plecs as they are only babies themselves and fry move so fast and nimbly there is no way I'd think that a plec could attach itself onto the fry to suck it :D Good luck. that is so exciting! (We both have fryat the same time :ignore )

Yes that is a hard decision, the name! Survivor, Fido, Beaver, lots of names are in my head right now. Sing-jon? Well time will tell!

I tried to take pics today but it is so difficult! Imo or Daniel, I need your cameras!!!

Things that suddenly reappears when you find fry!

Magnifier, fry net and such!

Picture455.jpg

"Fido" is one week today!

Picture458.jpg

:heart

Picture461.jpg

Some updates from today.

From above.

Picture491.jpg

Sideview.

Picture500.jpg

Looking at me!

Picture503.jpg

Very very tiny fry! But seems to do fine!