New Hood Question-not Happy

I just ordered a current satellite 30" 2 65 W hood from Big Al's. It's a 24 hour lighting system that we got for a planted tank. It has a lunar light with 2 lamps and a daylight with 2 lamps. I have 2 questions:

1) To me the fan is loud and I can hear it from the family room to the bedroom and I have to shut the bdm door at night so I dont' hear it. Does anybody else have that problem?

2) Only one of the 2 lunar lights lights up blue. They are dual actinic 420nm/460nm. My husband thinks maybe the other one is a UV or something special. I think it's blown-any thoughts.

I'm feeling dissapointed in the brand and for 125.00 I might return it and get something else. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Rach

I have two Current Satellite fixtures--a 30" single, which doesn't have a fan, and a 20" Dual, which does have a fan.

I only run the fan during the day, since I figure the tiny little LED isn't producing enough heat to need cooling. :P I've got it on a timer to come on a few minutes before the day lights (which are also on a timer), and go off about half an hour after they turn off. I don't personally mind the noise during the day, but it would bother me if it was on overnight.

No idea what's up with the difference in LEDs. My fixtures only have one each, and they're both white and have been working consistently for the past several months that I've had the lights.

I have two Current Satellite fixtures--a 30" single, which doesn't have a fan, and a 20" Dual, which does have a fan.

I only run the fan during the day, since I figure the tiny little LED isn't producing enough heat to need cooling. :P I've got it on a timer to come on a few minutes before the day lights (which are also on a timer), and go off about half an hour after they turn off. I don't personally mind the noise during the day, but it would bother me if it was on overnight.

No idea what's up with the difference in LEDs. My fixtures only have one each, and they're both white and have been working consistently for the past several months that I've had the lights.

I would also, like Sushi67, recommend replacing your fluorescent bulbs, because, yeah, unless you've got a marine aquarium the actinic lights do absolutely nothing for your plants. 6500K and/or 10,000K bulbs will work best for freshwater and brackish plants.

Also, I'm not entirely clear, I guess, on your lunar lights. They're the LEDs (I don't think it's possible for LEDs to be actinic, although I could be wrong, but even if they were I don't think they'd be putting out enough light to do any plants any good) that are positioned near the front edge of the fixture, and should be white, or white with a slightly blueish tint. If they are different colors from each other then chances are that one of them isn't working correctly.

I've never seen any description of these fixtures that mentions them having any UV feature. For that matter, UV light is essentially a form of radiation (UV filters work by destroying the DNA of water-borne algae and parasites), so I don't think you'd ever want exposed UV light anywhere.

The fan has its own cord and plug, though, right? So you could put it on a timer, or you could just unplug it when you go to bed (although that could be a hassle, but it's what I did until I switched to using a timer.)