What Do You Call Baby Telescopes?

Sonny

When I moved my new telescopes from quarantine to the aquarium they started doing the spawning thing. I was glad when they stopped as I've never been too keen on breeding. Well... tonight when I went to clean the tank I found three fry! :o Couldn't help but put them into a small 5.5 gallon tank with a sponge filter. Now I gotta figure out how to take care of fry. :krazy:

Edited by Sonny

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 3 fry right now too. Pics please! :D

OMG... they are so small I don't think I could get a picture of them. Most of the time I can't even find them. :) Maybe when they get a bit older.

I went to vvvv this am to get stuff to hatch brine shrimp. That is new to me, hope it works out. I'm worried they'll starve before the shrimp are hatched. So, just in case, I thawed a frozen daphnia cube and put a few of those in there. Does that sound reasonable?

:yikes The fry continue on.This has been a heck of an end to winter. :rofl

Congrats to you Jim.

Are those little guys free swimming yet?

I started out with Hikari First Bites until the shrimp hatched.

As you know,there are loads of fry threads right now,so I'm sure that you'll be reading alot. :D

That's what I want,Tele fry,and okay,maybe a few Ranchu or Lionhead.

Once again congrats!

I lost one. :( Not sure what happened to it but I can't find it in the tank. The other two are swimming around quite a bit now and seeming to enjoy their brine shrimp snacks. I think I can even make out a split tail on one of them. They are still very small but it is amazing how much easier it is to spot them than a few days ago. I think they must be growing at a very rapid rate.

That's good to hear. When I first had fry I didn't know what to do...panicked!

Congrats again :)

I've never actually tried to raise fry before so this is definitely new to me. Had a few commons manage to survive in my pond but that was completely by accident and good fortune. Thankfully there is so much information here to help me out. :exactly

Thanks for the well wishes. It is exciting for sure and I am anxious to see what they will grow into.

This spring truely has its shares of fry popping up left and right! Boy, I can't remember any spring as crazy as this one. Imagine how big the kindergarden class is going to be in the fall, when we all see updated pictures of the little ones! :D :thumbs

Imogen, I *think* they are doing well. They seem to be growing fine, I'm having trouble keeping enough brine shrimp available for them. They are eating so much more than they did in the beginning. The water is starting to look a little bit cloudy and that has me concerned a bit.

Edited by Sonny