Sign in to follow this  
Carmel

Algae Wafers For Goldfish?

Is it okay for goldfish to have algae wafers? I dropped some into my tank for my algae eaters and the goldies basically ate it all. I use hikari's algae wafers.

Totally fine. Algae wafers are very good additional supplement for goldfish.

Algae wafers actually worked great to help my goldies' constipation issues. May be a fluke accident, but it really worked for me. I did fasting and peas, but the wafers actually gave them a nice solid poop. I feed mine wafers every few days. they love em.

Oh, now that I know algae wafers are good for them maybe I'll give them to them more often.

really, can they eat spirulina algae tablets as well cause I have some leftover from my crab.

Yeah, I agree. Not only are algae wafers beneficial nutritionally but goldies love to to chase them around the tank too! I used to feed spirulina algea flakes but these got too messy with my lot :rolleyes: so I recently started feeding my goldies Hikari algea wafers instead and they really love them :)

As for the spirulana tablets, personally I would of thought these would be fine for goldies too as they love spirulina algea in any form. What size are the algea tablets you have and do they just dissolve/soften slowly like wafers?

the spirulina tablets are a bit bigger and fatter than the wafers, they become really soft and they expand after a while.

I've got some spirulina wafers, they seem to be about three times as thick as the algae wafers that I have... I just break them in half, and soak them for a while, then dump them in the tank, fishies love them.

And that is why I just bought a tank divider today :D my goldfish enjoyed my snail's algae wafers too much!

Of course, when I originally bought the wafers FOR the goldfish they wouldn't have anything to do with them. :blink:

yeah, they are fine. they love them too. here is a video i took a while back of mine enjoying some

And that is why I just bought a tank divider today :D my goldfish enjoyed my snail's algae wafers too much!

Of course, when I originally bought the wafers FOR the goldfish they wouldn't have anything to do with them. :blink:

Hehe, fish can be fickle I guess. They always want what someone else is having. :P