Sign in to follow this  
dfernandez77

Go Ahead - Tell Me "i Told You So."

Ok, well we (Zhao Yun and I) made a good go at it. When I started Zhao Yun's home it was with live plants. A couple of you kind people told me it wouldn't last long. Anyway, after replacing the substrate a couple times, and dealing with chronic algae problems - I've thrown in the towel.

You can give us a little credit. We actually made it 5 months with live plants. But eventually - even with a little fertilizer and good light - they just kept getting smaller and losing color. So the live plants go to the Half Barrel Pond for rehab - and Zhao Yun gets new furniture.

Ok, it's a glass cylinder vase, about 5.5 US Gallon capacity filled to 4.5 gallons. There's three silk plants anchored in black gravel in glass tumblers. One 25 Watt Visi-Therm Stealth Heater. And one very goofy Betta with a very dignified name.

Here's the little critter staring at me whilst hovering over his new silk Betta sofa.

20070403-090353-640.jpg

I hope the plants are happy outdoors in the pond. Stay tuned!

Whoah!

Holy Cow! :blink:

I got a "1 Year" medal. :rolleyes:

Time's sure fun when your having flies. :krazy:

Well, I sure hope you're having fun here!! ;)

The vase looks good!

Great new interior decor :D

Beautiful set up!!! I was looking at large vases the other day and wondered how they would look as betta homes...now I know, GREAT!

Chrissy

Ohh i love your set up. I have my betta in a similar vase as yours but i have fake plants in it. I like the different colors of the plants, it really complements your betta. Great Job!

It still looks really great Daniel! I like the contrast between the colour of the silk plants and the black gravel :)

:) Your choices always look great, so real or silk, it looks wonderful. Love the silk plants and the colors.

Thanks everyone!

I have my betta in a similar vase as yours but i have fake plants in it. I like the different colors of the plants, it really complements your betta. Great Job!

The plants in Zhao Yun's home are fake too. They are silk. :)

That is one adorable betta :heart ...He has this look in the photo of...What???? WHAT???

I can't say I told you so as I'm still trying to keep live plants with goldfish...And each time they get shredded I am surprised. Little beasts! I give up too, at this very moment I can see Finnegan eating one of my surviving banana plants. And then that's it, silk and plastic here I come!

I put a decoy anacharis in my goldy tank... they attack it and leave the rest alone! So far so good. I think the little tiny leaves are easier to pull off than trying to nibble the big tough leaves of the other plants. Plus they particularly like the fact that they can pull the strands of anacharis out of the gravel and redecorate their pad. :)

That is one adorable betta :heart ...He has this look in the photo of...What???? WHAT???

Haha! Exactly!

He's always got a confused puppy look.

Beautiful! I'm enjoying your betta, as well. I've got a few (6) myself. But they reside in much more bland 'homes'.

Something to really look at!

that whole set up is so pretty. I love the shape of the vase, and how you rpretty fish looks with the decor. Its very simple, but looks amazing. You did a great job.

I too hope your live plants that got moved to the pond heal up well.

Well if I wouldnt have seen this sooner I would have known about the orange plant! :rofl Looks great Daniel and congrats on being here a year! :D