New Tank!

Fefe

Tooooo Happy to get my ne 100 G marine water today :exactly

the eqvip :

Tank 100 G

Filter: 1500 L/H External Gebo and 1500 L/H Tray/ Over head FIlter.

Hydro meter.

Heeter.

Protein Skimer

2 Blue Tube Lights.

a very big dead Coral white color and one red color...

Filed it with Sand that i bought from Sea Shore and half with fresh water... in other small tank salt is being mixed to fill the main tank.

My back ground is Sky Blue..... :yeah:

2 X-ited.

i will not add Fish till the tank is cycled... or maybe a single fish just to start the cycle.

I will be needing a loooot of help from you guys....as i found reef central people to be very UN-Friendly :(

Love

Rafaqat

:) Well Congrats! I can guess you are a bit excited. That is a nice size tank. I'm sure it will be beautiful once finished.

There are some members here that have Marine tanks and lots of knowledge on stting up the tank and its care and I am sure they will have alot to share with you.

Hope to see pics once everything is setup.

Cooooooool Fefe! Congratulations..protein skimmer and all...can't wait to see the set up when yu're done. :D

well my tank is up and runnin, the only problem is the protein skimer look very blooby sticking to the right corner of tank.....i cant make a sump so forced to keep all the things inside the tank...my family likes my Goldfish tank more then the new tank :( i have to add few colors to the tank as it has, all white bleached dead corals any good idea to add more colors.

Hi and congrats on your new tank. I used to have a marine tank years ago. When I ran into problems, I contacted the Toronto Aquarium Society online. They were very helpful and friendly and most of the members specialize in marine tanks. You might be able to get some advice from them too!

Angela

Guest Triple Skeet

I dont know how your mixing salt but just remember, 1/2 cup of salt for every gallon of water and you should be cool.

Check with the store that you got your hydrometer from. Some need to be seasoned before they work properly. Congrats on the new tank by the way. I am sure we can help with any questions you have. Once the temp and salinity is correct you can add live rock. Once the live rock is in you will not want to leave the tank, after finding all the new life growing out of no where. It will also add color and substance to the tank.

What is your Specific Gravity now???? For a fish only tank...you can run between 1.019 - 1.021.... If you are keeping coral and inverts you will need it to be between 1.025 - 1.026.....

You keep adding salt mix until you get it to that level....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Triple Skeet

11 Kg salt is in but still no use. is there any calculator how much in Kg should i add in my 3X2.5X1.5 Feet tank?

Please help

I dont know the metric terms but for a 100 gallon tank you are looking at 50 measured cups of salt.