My Tank Cracked!

Guest chris345

Guest chris345

ok so yesterday it was my moms birthday. everyone came to our house they were admireing my fish tank :D all of a sudden the door bell rings. i opened it it was my cousin :( he destorys everything. there were 5 kids in total including me. well one of my cousins had and ipod and my other cousin got so jealous that he threw his ipod so hard at my fish tank it cracked!!!My poor clowns,damsels and anemone were gonna die. everyone was shocked. So i took a bucket and put some of the tank water and put my fishes and anemone in it. then i realized ther was some soap in the bucket and they all died. I hate my cousin :wa:wa:wa .so i lost a lot of money. and my mom was really mad! :cry1 well i guess i just have to save up for a nother 10 gallon tank. (their like 40 dollars with the light) and make a tropical tank since saltwater is too expensive to save up for. :cry1

:( I am very sorry this happened to you and your fish! How old is your cousin that did this? I think either he or his parents need to replace not only the tank but also the fish. I can not believe that they would have even left the party without doing so. And given your age, I'm surprised your Mom did not speak to them about the damages and insist that they cover the cost. You know all too well how expensive everything was to purchase. I hope it all works out for you.

Guest chris345

he didnt even apoligize!he left with a stupid smile on his face!!!!!!!!!!!and my mom got mad at me for no aparent reason!my cousin is only 5 and his parents were mad at me!!he was the one that broke my tank. and now i have nothing. :cry1

Guest chris345

o and he didnt pay me back!his parents are stinkin rich but they said i shouldint have had put my fish tank in the living room!! ;) i shouldive had put it in my bed room! :cry1

really sorry that your fishes didn't make it, you should take to your parents about this matter. I am sure they are reasonable people! can't really be no one there has eyes to see who is at fault! well.. I can't say much anyway.. just sorry for your fishes.. I believe the ipod spoiled as well right?? I mean after the water and all that gets on it..

Edited by Panzz

... wait, you were keeping clowns, damsels and an anemone... in a 10 gallon?

I'm going to be riding the fence on this one; I'm sympathetic with your loss of course (I understand all too well how disastrous mixing kids with fish tanks can be, having a multitude of little cousins and all) but if my mental scenario of your setup was right, I don't quite think your critters would have lasted in good health for long anyway, cracked tank or not.

Guest chris345

no the fish were all fine my nitrates and nitrites were 0 and the ph was perfect the ammonia

was also

good ido 10% changes every

week

:D

Guest Tintman237

:ill thats how I felt after reading all of that,

Sorry to hear that Chris, WHAT A BUMMER.

I hope you get some more :newfish fishies, and another tank soon, Fish are very relaxing to sit and watch :goodluck with it all

God, i dont care how old your cousin, if my cousin (or anyone) had done that to my tank i woulda killed them, literally. Your parents should make them pay you back. Thay have no right to come into your house, break your tank, and then tell you its your fauly for having the tank in your living room. They need to get some sense knocked into them, you do what you want in your house. But i do hope you try the saltwater again. But they need to pay you back, thats not fair at all, especially for someone your age when its impossible to have a job and make enough money.

Wow, what a brat. I'm not the best role model, but I would be so mad, that I'd go destroy something expensive that he loves (not living though) if he or his parents will not appologize or pay you back. That is a lot of money, and he killed innocent animals! If they've got ipods, they're rich enough to at least compensate you. K, don't listen to me. I'm a vengeful grudge-gripper.

• 1 month later...

Oh Im so sorry about your tank and your fish!!!!!!!!! :cry1 You know you should talk to your cousin's parents and make them buy you a new tank!!! So what if he's only 5 his parents are responsible for him, they should totally buy you a new one, you can tell them I said so lol. I have to agree though your tank is a bit small, maybe you could try getting a bigger one, if you save money and your cousins parents pay for the damage, you would still have the other equipment though, right? You should give it a try. But remember, make sure that they buy you another one, its their fault!!!!!!!!

Im sorry I got a little upset, I dont know what I would do if that happened, especially since Im getting a big saltwater tank for christmas and we have new years eve parties Yikes :krazy:

I think you need to show them this thread. Maybe then they'll take some useful action and get his parents to pay you back for the damages he did.

Age is just a number, they shouldn't refuse to repay the damage THEIR KID did just because you're young and "don't understand." You've proven that you do, and you obviously cared about your fish.

I can't imagine how your cousin is going to grow up. People who torture animals tend to turn into people killers.

###### if that was my cousin who broke my saltwater tank i'd knife the little kid or tie him upside down to a tree and point and laugh, sorry for getting angry but it ticks me off when people don't respect your property, i recently got a job and saved up took a long time (only 15) any ways bought new laptop and then my brother takes my laptop to give 2 a friend so they could play an rpg together while his friend was at our house and when they were done they tripped and lemonade went all over my compter and had to buy a new one.