White Poop?

jamisskat

hey guys i have a friend that has some goldies their poo has been white whats they usually meen? her nitraits are slightly high. not sure if im posting this in right spot. thanks guys. ive just heard that white poo is not good?

Edited by jewels

Generally, white poop is associated to bacterial infection. What did your friend feed her fish? It might be the color of the food.

Recently one of my fish had white poop, I seperated him from the main tank and now checking the condition.

she only feeds stuff like flakes and shrimp. she did have one fish that was ill but i told her to get some meds and it work. other than that shes been having alot of trouble with her tank cycling. she says that one day its white than the next its normal. i duno im going to have aheart attack with all these goldie problems she has(LOL) shes my best friend.

Edited by jewels

i dont know but my babysushi has the sae problem sometimes, some days she will have a white poo, or it will be white with brownish bits, then it will be all nice and healthy like its supposed to be.

i dont notice it so much on wasabi cause hes darker and its not easy to see if he poos, either that or he goes in the cave behind the rocks where i can see him! lol.

ive been worried abou this too cause its puzzling, one day it looks pretty icky the next its all nice and healthy. what gives?

i dont know but my babysushi has the sae problem sometimes, some days she will have a white poo, or it will be white with brownish bits, then it will be all nice and healthy like its supposed to be.

i dont notice it so much on wasabi cause hes darker and its not easy to see if he poos, either that or he goes in the cave behind the rocks where i can see him! lol.

ive been worried abou this too cause its puzzling, one day it looks pretty icky the next its all nice and healthy. what gives?

thats what im screaming! im not sure if she should use meds or just qt him. :krazy:

I had similar problems, but only on my new fishes, I believe with proper care, close observation and a proper diet, it should and will help the fish to return to proper health.

I also noticed that it only happened on my new fishes and after giving them proper diet and care, I have never see them producing those white poop again already.

Unfortunately any answer will be a guess - especially with no information to go off. There's a series of questions that help establish what the problem may be or eliminate certain possibilities ie. water quality, tank size, filtration etc. and they can be found heading up the diagnosis/discussion and 911 sections.

White stringy poop is, as Fred mentioned, usually associated with bacterial infection but can also be attributed to other problems and the first place to start looking for a reason is in their tank and general environment. As your friend has been cycling, i'd bet the bank it's water related. Does your friend have test kits for ammonia, nitrites, nitrates and ph? Are you able to give more information?

Perhaps your friend can join the board?

ive ask her to join the board but she home schools all the time. sadly, she doesnt have much time for her goldies and i usually end up caring for them when theres a problem. i dont mind :exactly shes my best friend i just dont want her to lose any fish :)

hi you feed nothing but cooked, shelled frozen peas for 3 or 4 days. nothing eles. its a good natural med for the fish keeps their swim bladder heathly :) feed them peas once or twice a week to help prevent S/B they luv peas! mine go crazy every weekend for peas after a water change. i give it to them for being good goldies while i clean their tank and staying away from the syphin hose! :rofl

Edited by jewels