l_lds2006

My Fish Are In Bad Bad Shape

* Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level?0

Nitrite Level?0

Nitrate level?0

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)?7.8

Ph Level out of the Tap?7.8

* Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running?30 ga well over 6mnths

* What is the name and size of the filter/s? aquaclear 70

* How often do you change the water and how much? been doing daily that is why everything is zero

# How many fish in the tank and their size? 2

# What kind of water additives or conditioners? prime

# Any medications added to the tank? nothing now

# Add any new fish to the tank? no new fish

# What do you feed your fish? hikari, hikari bs,

# Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? holes in the head region holes near the mouth

# Any unusual behavior like staying

at the bottom, not eating, ect..? no

ok here is the deal my fish are really bad shape my one oranda had hole in the head did not make it now my large lion head and red cap oranda have it and it is bad real bad it started out looking like a white dot then slowly started getting bigger my red caps is in the mouth area :krazy::krazy::krazy::krazy: I can get baytril shots I tried antibiotic foods maracyn 1 & 2 jungle parasite clear nothing my last resort i think might have to be baytril i'm really freaking out my goldfish are really bad i noticed this started after i started feeding them hikari frozen brine shrimp with their norm food i'm @ wits end and i am sitting here feeling helpless as I slowly am watching them get worse i have tried the major meds nada is effecting it or even making it better

Edited by Jillian

Jillian,this usually starts with poor water quality,which you've had problems with in the past.Also,feeding them a poor diet could do it too,but I'd stick by the water quality myself. I don't think that the shrimp had anything to do with it personally.

It is good that you are doing daily water changes as Pristene water is a must with this condition.

The next thing that I'd do is order Metro-Meds from the Goldfish connection.If you email Rick,he can ship it immediately.That has had a big success rate with HITH.

I was just at Rick's site,and he advises using Metro Meds, and also these.

1- Clean the wen with hydrogen peroxide on a Q-tip (just once)

2- Give shots of Baytril, one tenth CC everyday for 5 days.

He says that if you don't see an improvement within three days ,to see if you can g change to Amikacin.

Note: Amikacin can be used at a dosage of one tenth CC every OTHER day for three injections TOTAL, however, using Amikacin at this high dosage you are taking the risk of blowing the kidneys out of your fish. Because of the reduced risk, I would recommend Baytril first, if it does not work, switch to Amikacin. DO NOT GIVE MORE THAN 3 INJECTIONS OF AMIKACIN.

These are Rick's words ,so he know what he's talking about.

:unsure: Hey Jillian,What's going on?Did you happen to order the medicated food or get a hold of the Baytril injections?How are the fish today? :unsure:

i am awaiting my friend for the baytril now devs when giving the injection where do i give it to them @ i mean i know it has to under the scale but is it in any particular area my friend as has the medicated food as well shockingly they are still active and I am thankful that my friend is doing this for me do you want to know how much dragon weighs i was shocked he is 6lbs 1.0 ounces :blink: i didnt weight him outta the water but in a large bucket with enough water for him to move around in a be comfortable what i did was weigh the water first then weighed dragon and deducted the amount the water weighed

Are your params all in order?Very important before this is done.

Doc Johnsons Book says to inject the "intraperioneally".. If I were you Jillian,I'd email Rick,tell him what's going on,tell him the weight of this fish as he's pretty big,and confirm dosage to give.His site said 10cc's if I'm not mistaken,but With the Lion being so big,maybe we better check? :unsure: He's very nice and will respond to all e-mails. He can also tell you the easiest and best place to inject.

:unsure: You know what Jillian,just to make sure that he sees this quickly enough,you may be better off calling him.

Rick at (814) 866-2412.

just got this thanks devs will call rick now to see what he says for proper dosage

:) Good luck Jillian > sure hope that you're in time to save them, :exactly

How are things going?

:unsure: Yes Jillian,as I've been really thinking of you and your poor fish,so please update us soon. :exactly