Sign in to follow this  
Kingyo

Moving To Tx This Summer

Hi Everybody! I am finally wrapping up my studies in Illinois and will move to Dallas, TX. Does anybody know of places to get aquarium supplies at good prices in the Dallas area? Also places to shop for nice goldies would be appreciated. I am hoping to sell my 15 and 29g fish tanks in Illinois and buy my goldfish a new home (55 to 75 gal) in Texas! Thanks for your help

:) Well, I am not sure about the tank and supplies, but as far as the fish go you will be close to Tommy at Goldfishnet.com. He has some very nice fish.

Good luck with your move and getting a new tank and goldfish.

Well, I am not sure about the tank and supplies, but as far as the fish go you will be close to Tommy at Goldfishnet.com. He has some very nice fish.

Prepare to spend your money on nice fish... :)

Whooo-eeee, Illinois loses another good one. :(

ACtually - congratualtions! I know nothing other than Tommy in Texas, but you will find what you want. Other places easily ship all over the states with little problem, so you are not limited to Texas sales.

Look into the links provided here for Texas - I think it was Andrea who works so hard to put all these here for us. It is a wonderful resource!

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/Clubs.html

Many clubs have a fish swap in the spring and an auction in the fall - a wonderful place to meet new friends and pick up GREAT fish very cheaply. :)

Kingyo,

You will really enjoy visiting Tommy (Goldfish Net) and looking at his fish. It is great fun but can be frustrating too. You may want to buy more than you should. ;)

I'm sure Illinois will miss you but we Texans are looking forward to your arrival! :exactly

Kingyo,

Where in IL are you located? I might be interested in one of your tanks (if I can convince my boyfriend to tolerate another) if you are close to me. I'm in Champaign.

Thanks everybody, I will make sure to visit Tommy Hui in the near future! Daryl, thanks for pointing me to Andrea's collection of regional fish clubs.

Swift, I live in Urbana... can't be any closer to Champaign. I need to keep both tanks until the first week of June (nowhere else to put my buddies) . I will post detailed info in the forum later this month.

I'm in Naperville. If you still have the tanks i'm interested.

Thanks~

Edited by Goofzilla

The TX club actually has its spring auction or sale or something like that going on in the next few days. I believe its this weekend. :thumbs:

Oh, and hey, Kingyo - glad to have you back! How have you been?

Thanks Andrea! I have been locked in my home office writing my thesis... I visit the forum every time I have a chance.

Kingyo-

That is fantastic and convenient that you are in Urbana! Just let me know the details about the tanks closer to time. I'm not sure yet which one would be best one for me, space-wise! :D

Kingyo--

I'm leaning toward the 29 gallon. Does it come with a stand?

I don't know any stores but I stopped in Dallas on our way to KY for 3 days and loved it. There was tons of stuff to do. Good luck with the move!