New Fish

I got Larry a tank mate finally. :newfish The new fish is in quarintine - but for how long? I just can't wait for them to meet and be buddies. I hope I picked a suitable friend for Larry - What if they don't like each other or something?????? :blink: I have been nervous about getting a new fish and putting in the tank w/ Larry. Am I being paranoid?????

I need some feed back from the experienced goldie lovers here.... HELP! Thanks in advance...

He is a solid white oranda. He is about an inch smaller then Larry. I got the biggest one they had that I thought looked the best and acted good. The tank Larry is in is a 30 gallon. He has been in it since Jan 2007.

I think you should quarintine for 2 weeks or more to see if your new fish has any sicknesses. In the quarintine tank, treat for sicknesses if your fish gets sick.

P.S. bearhall04 I think your white oranda looks fabulous. :exactly I never saw a pure white one before. It makes me want to buy another fish! :) I can't get enough!

Edited by mr.fish

I am thinking at the least 4 weeks. My hubby thinks I should just put them together ASAP since they are suppose to be together any way. I am just scared of any diseases or parasites.... Larry has come a long way and I know he will love his new friend.

Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate it.

I wonder how much color changing this baby will go through??? Any thoughts?