My 95 Gallon Tank

Guest Triple Skeet

Guest Triple Skeet

Here are some pictures of my 95 gallon reef tank. Ive had it about a year now, and here is basically what I have in there....

What I have:

1 - Yellow Tang

1 - Damsel

1 - Fire Fish

1 - Diamond Goby

1 - Longnosed Hawkfish

1 - Coral Beauty Angel

1 - Melonarus Wrasse

1 - Purple Pseudo

1 - Blue Neon Goby

1 - Hippo Tang

1 - Scooter Blenny

1 - Chalk Bass

2 - True Percula Clown Fish

1 - Bar Goby

1 - Yellow Neon Goby

1 - Heniochus Black & White Butterflyfish

1 - Mandarin Dragonet

1 - Anthius

1 - Lawnmower Blenny

1 - Skunk Shrimp

1 - Red Shrimp

1 - Banded Shrimp

3 - Camel Shrimp

? - Snails

3 - Serpent Starfish

? - Hermit Crabs

? - Crabs

3 - Anemone

1 - Sea Hare

1 - Clam

1 - Flame Scallop

1 - Purple Lobster

Corals

1 - Red Hard Coral

1 - Elegance Coral

1 - Flat Orange Coral

1 - Green Goniopora

1 - Frog Spawn

1 - Red Lobophyllia

1 - Rasta Leather

1 - Elephant Ear Mushroom

1 - Red Center Zoo

1 - White Bubble Coral

1 - Pulsing Xenia (Brown)

1 - Goniopora

1 - Red Mushrooms

My tank under the intense lights....

p3130016og7.jpg

Under the blue lights....

1797937ly9.jpg

Hippo Tang, Bar Goby, Damsel and Diamond Goby

p3130018dj1.jpg

Yellow Tang, Anthius, Heniochus B & W Butterfly

p3130022mk5.jpg

Melonarus Wrasse

p3130021cr8.jpg

Longnosed Hawkfish

p3130019cv6.jpg

As I continue to build, Ill update the pictures. Let me know what you think.

Guest chris345

cool i have a saltwater tank too!its only 10 gallons. Really hard to take care off.i do 10% water changes every 2 weeks. You have a really cool tank. My tank looks so boring.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Triple Skeet

I just got back from a 10 day vacation and lost a couple corals. Thats what I get for having family try and take care of the tank.

I lost 2 anenomes, my elegance coral, my bubble coral and my flame scallop.

Its ok though. My 3rd anenome has taken this oppurtunitie to split apart and set up shop in 2 different sections of the tank.

As far as the corals go, Thank god I have a friend at the aquarium shop. Its normally about $180 in corals. Ill probably be able to get those, plus a new anenome, some cycle, and some live and frozen food, and whatever else i need for about $100.

Guest Triple Skeet

I just got a ton of new corals. Still couldnt find another elegance yet, but this is what I picked up...

1 - Green Trumpet

1 - Orange Sun Polyp

1 - Soft Yellow Coral

1 - Pink / Green Brain

1 - Alveopora

1 - Blue Mushrooms

1 - White Bubble Coral

1 - Green Favites

1 - Green Hammer Coral

Guest Triple Skeet

Had to rearrange the tank some to accomadate those new corals, plus 2 more I just got. Also just got a green mandarin dragonet.

Here are new pics of the tank...

pic19te7.jpg

pic24yb3.jpg

pic26ym8.jpg

Still gotta find me another elegance coral and some more different colored mushrooms.

Hey Triple Skeet, the tank looks nice but I wanted to warn you about some of the corals and fish that you got.

Yellow Tang- gets very large

Diamond Goby- 1 goby

Longnosed Hawkfish- shrimp eater

Coral Beauty Angel- possible coral nipper

Purple Pseudo- very territorial

Blue Neon Goby- 2 goby

Hippo Tang- they get very large

Scooter Blenny- only eats live food,(copepodes)

Bar Goby- 3 goby

Yellow Neon Goby- 4 goby

Mandarin Dragonet- only eats live food,(copepodes)

Lawnmower Blenny needs lots of algae

(Gobies like to fight other gobies and most eat only copepods)

Green Trumpet- sweeper tentacles

Orange Sun Polyp- needs to be feed often(daily is best)

White Bubble Coral-sweeper tentacles

Green Favites- sweeper tentacles

Green Hammer Coral- sweeper tentacles

Skunk Shrimp(shrimp like to fight other shrimp)

Red Shrimp

Banded Shrimp

Camel Shrimp

Anemone- move around and sting other corals

Flame Scallop- lots of phytoplankton

Purple Lobster- like to eat clams

Corals

Elegance Coral- sweeper tentacles

Green Goniopora- do not usually live more than a year

Frog Spawn- sweeper tentacles

Elephant Ear Mushroom- eats fish

White Bubble Coral- sweepers tentacles

Pulsing Xenia (Brown)grows like crazy all over everything

Goniopora- do not usually live more than a year

All the euphylia are great corals but be careful they don't get close to others they will sting them to death.

Guest Triple Skeet

Hey Triple Skeet, the tank looks nice but I wanted to warn you about some of the corals and fish that you got.

Yellow Tang- gets very large

Diamond Goby- 1 goby

Longnosed Hawkfish- shrimp eater

Coral Beauty Angel- possible coral nipper

Purple Pseudo- very territorial

Blue Neon Goby- 2 goby

Hippo Tang- they get very large

Scooter Blenny- only eats live food,(copepodes)

Bar Goby- 3 goby

Yellow Neon Goby- 4 goby

Mandarin Dragonet- only eats live food,(copepodes)

Lawnmower Blenny needs lots of algae

(Gobies like to fight other gobies and most eat only copepods)

Green Trumpet- sweeper tentacles

Orange Sun Polyp- needs to be feed often(daily is best)

White Bubble Coral-sweeper tentacles

Green Favites- sweeper tentacles

Green Hammer Coral- sweeper tentacles

Skunk Shrimp(shrimp like to fight other shrimp)

Red Shrimp

Banded Shrimp

Camel Shrimp

Anemone- move around and sting other corals

Flame Scallop- lots of phytoplankton

Purple Lobster- like to eat clams

Corals

Elegance Coral- sweeper tentacles

Green Goniopora- do not usually live more than a year

Frog Spawn- sweeper tentacles

Elephant Ear Mushroom- eats fish

White Bubble Coral- sweepers tentacles

Pulsing Xenia (Brown)grows like crazy all over everything

Goniopora- do not usually live more than a year

All the euphylia are great corals but be careful they don't get close to others they will sting them to death.

Thanks for the advice, but alot of the problems youve named dont seem to be an issue for me.

1. My tangs being large, um...its a 95 gallon tank, large fish shouldnt be an issue.

2. Ive had all of my gobies for awhile now. They never seem to have a problem with one another. And all seem to eating fine. (My bar and diamond gobies also eat flakes and frozen food also)

3. My hawkfish doesnt bother any of my shrimp, who all seem to stay out of each others way and dont fight.

4. My lobster hasnt bothered my clam, 222 they are almost the same size.

5. My corals are having some troubles right now because of high nitrates. But my anemone, elephant ear, rasta leather, alveopora and mushrooms. The goneopora died, and the trumpets and bubbles havent been opening. So Im working on getting my water right. But my fish eat food right out of the mushroom ear, and dont seem to have a problem.

4. With my light theres plenty of algae for my lawnmower blenny, sea hare and snails. I also put some seaweed in once a week so that my tangs get some and my sea hare can have a nice meal.

5. My Xenia has spread a little bit, but its cool. I love them.

6. My elegance died when I was on vacation. I will definitely be getting another one.

7. None of fish seem to have a problem with sweeper tentacles. My tank has alot of room for free swimming, even with 120 lbs of live rock.

8. I also just got a green mandarin dragonet (along with the spotted) and a cleaner wrasse.

You have to realize that even if certain fish dont get along, my tank is big enough where for the most part they stay out of each others way and dont fight (the dragonets are a good example of this)

I am glad to hear that they all lived together. With 95 gallons you do have a lot of room. I have a 75 with a hammer and a frogspawn. They have been putting out sweeper tentacle lately and I have to trim them back. Just keep an eye on them. we have a favia brain that we had in our nano, we did not realize that he was putting off sweepers that were about 6 inches long. I found out the hard way and now I am sad by the lose off my clam.

While working in a pet store I learned to consider the fish as an adult. The yellow tang gets 8 inches and the blue tangs get over 12 inches. They will need alot of room.

When you buy another elegance coral ask the sales clerk if he knows where it was collect from. Most of the elegance corals that are collected are from deep water and they almost always die. Their has been some recent news about a new place where they have been collecting and they have been having good luck with keeping them alive. I have seen many coming through the pet store, all at a high price and they have always died for the customer. I usually sell them with this warning and they all tell me that they died.

Size of tank doesn't always matter. some fish get aggressive and attack each other anyways. I also have a 125 gallon and the clown fish attack the green reef chromis and the zebra damsel. I have about 100 lbs of live rock with plenty of swimming space but they still atack them if they see the damsels.

I am sorry if I seem to bashing your inhabitants of your tank. I just want for you the same I want for all fish keepers. I want you to have a beautiful tank and much success with all of your fish ans inverts as possible. I learn by hear say and personal experience, then I try to pass it on.

• 2 months later...
Guest Ink Fish

Wow!!!! Your tank is so great. I wish I had a 95 gallon tank!!! You've made it look so fab!!

I am only 10 so I would probably need my scuba outfit to dress a 95 gal up!

Great tank

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Triple Skeet

Some updated pictures of the tank. I got a bunch of new corals, a couple new fish and crab, some starfish and got rid of 4 anemones that split off of the original one I kept. Check it out...

picture014sp1.jpg

picture019sp9.jpg

picture021zs4.jpg

Nice!! I am loving the fairy wrasse and the purple firefish. THe last purple I bought died while he was still in quarantine. :( They seem to be more delicate than the regulars, at least in my experience. Have you noticed that?

Guest Triple Skeet

Yea I did. The first one I got died quickly. So I bought a larger one and hes doing well.

My elephant ear did however eat a 2nd scooter blenny. He goes back to the store this Tuesday. I have a deal in place to trade it for $60 in store credit.

Ive also added bubble coral, a new longnose hawkfish, a tubeworm and a purple tang to my tank. The purple tang may have been a mistake as my yellow one is constantly going after it. I dont know what to do though, there are too many hiding places in the tank for me to get it out now.