I'm Getting More Lighting

Carole

I am ready to buy some new lighting to have a more impressive planted tank and I was thinking about 65W, 6700K, for my 20H tank. I am wondering if I need to think about having CO2 in my tank or if I will be ok.

Over the course of the year my tank temperature fluctuates between 74F to 80F, and I always have 2 bubble stones and a bubble want running. Don't even ask me what plants I plan on having because I want to be inspired when I see them in the pet store. I am going for a tank well suited for anything I happen to bring home, with the least amount of fuss and unneeded equipment. Any advice?

Thanks,

Carole

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carole... I can see you have been tempted to go into aquascaping :)

If you are looking for an impressive looking tank, you need to consider installing good lighting (seems that you have that already), getting a good substrate, and adding CO2 and fertilizers. You will need to get rid of your air stones and bubble wand because aeration strips out the CO2 from the water. Check your pH and hardness so you can buy plants that grow well under those conditions. Good luck with your planted tank!