Eggs !

Trinket

I wish :rolleyes::D

What if they hatch and I'm not here to see..what if they can creep out of the tiny slits in the box...what if they never hatch..I shall go crazy with all this worry :thud I am just going to have to forget about them for a few days...*creeps over to tank to check for any change...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just cant hold my self, here are some fry pics... :rofl

Aug-Sep 2005

Bild748.jpg

Dec-Jan 2005/2006

101_0162.jpg

It's the Comet/Goldie/Gullmer-batch, you can see how many they were from thw beginning...

I think we should all chip in and make a fry center for Anette to run, she be in heaven and we'd have less grey hairs. :rofl

Imogen I can't wait to see the babies! Last night I noticed a lot of chasing and freaked out and changed the water lol. The only equivilent of hosing them down I could think of :krazy: I went on a bender at the fish sempai yesterday & some new fish in QT. Some of my little guys are going into a pond in a week, good for them sad for me. Hopefully in a few years I'll have the space.

Edited by Katalyst

Hi Kat :D Hosing down is the goods, it can get frantic that racing round the tank, especially in a smaller tank like this one I'm dealing with is. Still, it's not a bad time for me hot on the heels of the horrible tragedy of losing a fish I had really gotten so excited about finding...fry are a nice little distraction from all that.

Yes, Anette- you are hilarious :rofl . You can't wait for my fry so posted some pics to keep us all going...just looking at yours makes me more impatient...oooooh I want some of those :bingo:

:rofl I just knew that Anette couldn't contain herself for much longer! :rofl She is one proud Keeper

Imo,I think that you're going to be just like we were and drive yourself completely nuts until it happens. :krazy:

And by the way,that Breeder Box is too cool.I have one like Anette's and have never seen one like yours. :)

Yes sorry I just had to show some pics of fry so Imo recognizes them when she sees them :rofl ! I remember when I saw my first fry I couldn't understand that was a fish, so tiny! :D

Hi small ranchu- thanks for the encouragement. I've been so busy with all this haven't had time yet to go over to your fry thread for awhile- that is great you have so many batches!

Hi Anette-the news you are waiting for........HATCHED!!!! Two so far. One is unfortunately stuck in the slats with its tail down there and 2 eyes up. I hope as it gains strength it can wriggle out. I really don't want to move it..the other is upside down wriggling out of its shell as I speak :heart There are about 4 or 5 other eggs in which i can now see 2 little googly pinhead eyes :nana:D .

I wish you were! If I zoom in with my camera it is out of focus- even on auto focus spot- I wish I had an old manual focus camera. So the best I can do I'm afraid for now is eggs not hatched on moss ballmossballseggs.jpg

And emerging fry (the orangy egg at top of the pebble)stonewithemergingfry.jpgCan you see anything?

Useless I'm sorry :(

Unfortunately the little fry stuck has disappeared. Can't find him anywhere. I suppose he must have wriggled out that slat as I feared and is in the main tank now...there are 2 more emerging on the pebble right now. So teeny weeny but I can see one looks black and the other looks orangey/gold! Amazing.

Here's a pic of Mom and Dad againtankwithbabycarrier.jpg:heart

I know. I wasn't expecting this so fast. They are not free swimming yet of course, sort of half in and half out of the eggshells. There is one little curled up one I just saw now wriggling inside its clear shell so that one may hatch too :heart And then there are 4 other possibles. looks like that is it.

The eggs on the underside of the balls and stones I think must've missed the milt spray because I don't think they have been fertilised, empty shells. Maybe tomorrow one will be swimming free...ooooh :D

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

Unbelievable I just happened to check Kokos right now!!

Wait a minute. I'll be there and take pics! :rofl

I wish someone could make a video of hatching, I want to see! It would be amazing!!

Congrats, Good Luck! Could you take any pics with your camera?

I just went and checked! First one is out and swimming! :flex:

Actually it is right now stuck against the plastic sucking something off :hummm ...eating something maybe , he must be hungry...when do I start feeding the shrimp?

It is the tiniest little thing I ever saw. My eyes hurt from trying to even seeee it! :rofl

There are 2 more almost out of their shells. then there is the little curled up one still struggling and the 'lost' one somewhere, maybe I'll have about 5....

Edited by Trinket

well they can swim but they set themselves down on the bottom or the sides if they are left alone. They can sit for a couple of days before they are completely free swimming. I don't think you need to feed them before that? Do you hatch brine shrimp? I fed mine fry food and freeze dried brine shrimp

That's what they are doing. Sitting on the wall and the bottom not far from their shells. 3of them now . I suppose they are gathering strength and adapting to the newness of 'life'. I thought I could see color but they all look the same pale grey.

I have frozen mysis shrimp. I can get fryfood too..

I had a nasty shock this morning- found the breeder box had slipped down into the tank and the fry had escaped into the 30 gallon :o . The suction pads were clearly not strong enough for the amount of water the box holds :madrant .

I don't know how but I have managed to rescue 6 or 7 fry and put them back in the box attaching the box this time to the main tank with duct tape. I don't know how many eggs hatched out overnite now or how many fry are still left in the tank.

Catching 1 day old fry is hard! They are the color and thickness of a 3 mm piece of grey sewing thread and very hard to find in an algaed tank with 3 hungry little big fish kissing your hand and swimming into the cup 'for fun' :rolleyes:

NEway there are still some fry :heart

omg, sorry to hear about what happened to you. Accident happen especially when we pay too much attention. In my case, heater exploded in the fry tank which never happend in my life time. Good luck w/ your babies.. :D