Eggs !

Trinket

Well who would have thought that little baby panda I named Spunky would live up to his name :) !. He had been chasing Trinket ( yes, my namesake) for about a week and she was starting to get frayed fins from it. Yesterday the eggs must have been sprayed. She was bottom sitting for a bit after that. Yesterday unfortunately was fast day (once a month) and I wasn't so attendant to the tank because of that so I suspect that is why I found so few eggs this morning. I copuldn't save many :( Anyway I have managed to save about 15, not a lot I know but hopefully one little fish will survive.

Trinket is a 3 year old Siamese albino doll and Panda is my newish 6 month :o telescope- turned white only about 2 inches including tail :o . They share their tank with my bubble eye.

Here's the parents

IMGP0712.jpgIMGP0909.jpg

Heres's the eggs. I know, almost impossible to see but they are on these (fake) moss balls.IMGP0904.jpg

Question: I can still see 5 0r 6 eggs on the anubias in the tank but they ar stuck tight. Should I cut off the leaves they are on- they'll grow back wont they? Can't fit the whole plant in the breeder box. They won't be there much longer unless I act fast on those.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o Eggs!!! Oh wow Imogen,Congrats!!! You know you were just dying to start a fry thread,weren't you? :rofl

Yes,I would cut the anubia leaves off if it were me.It wouldn't bother the plant at all. :) Looks like we're going to have some "googly eyes" if these eggs hatch! :exactly

:o Eggs!!! Oh wow Imogen,Congrats!!! You know you were just dying to start a fry thread,weren't you? :rofl

Yes,I would cut the anubia leaves off if it were me.It wouldn't bother the plant at all. :) Looks like we're going to have some "googly eyes" if these eggs hatch! :exactly

:rofl You know I was Sharon!! I just cut off two leaves and put them in so the eggs are underside as the leaves are floating. Only 3 eggs but they look nice strong round ones...I am soooo excited!!

The last time I had eggs that I saved was when I came searching at kokos on how to care for them..all those years ago :rofl I should do better this time. Fingers crossed.

Gee Imo! Congrats! Thousand times! Well with all these helpful people around I'm sure you will raise some fry alright! And don't forget to take pics when they hatch!

Exciting! :heart

More fry! :heart

Thanks Anette :heart I really hope so. But there are so few eggs really because its the 2nd day and a lot were eaten I guess. Still, hopefuly one or two will hatch. Should I turn up the heater? It's on 22C at the mo.And which eggs are most likely to hatch the white ones or the cloudy ones or the clear ones? :unsure:

Congrats Imo - this is such good news :D I felt like lighting up a cigar when I read this! I kept my temps at 24 degrees and the ones that hatched for me were the clear ones with black dots in the centre...

I can't wait until they hatch :D

I felt like lighting up a cigar when I read this!

:rofl That is a Jen reaction- I love it :heart ! And go ahead have one on me but not near the fishtanks okay?!! :rofl

I can't wait to see if they hatch too. I have alot of reading to do if so...but I follow in the steps of the great fish breeder experts all here at kokos!! I am very very excited, you can tell :rolleyes:

DOn't forget now that all 3 times I had fry,it was only with a small amount of eggs.If I recall,Won Ton was one of a couple 3 eggs or something,and with the last two I think I had about 15 20 eggs.I never did figure out the exact amount. :rolleyes: Who would have thought that only Ton would hatch and grow like he did? :yeah:

You don't need a ton of babies.You need a few good men eggs. :rolleyes::rofl

DOn't forget now that all 3 times I had fry,it was only with a small amount of eggs.If I recall,Won Ton was one of a couple 3 eggs or something,and with the last two I think I had about 15 20 eggs.I never did figure out the exact amount. :rolleyes: Who would have thought that only Ton would hatch and grow like he did? :yeah:

You don't need a ton of babies.You need a few good men eggs. :rolleyes::rofl

Well, I would be quite happy with just one survivor, especially a big healthy personality- full one like WonTon :heart .

And I hear you on the men/eggs..a few good friends/men/starbux lemon cakes/eggs... s'all we need :yeah:

I'm sorry I don't know anything about eggs, my babies have always hatched themselves :D . But you can ask me later about fry!

I'll be PMing you for sure for fry advice Anette :D

:rofl Yeah,Jen,Erin,Fred and I,are really in the mood to see some new babies. Anette,she's on her own as she is the Queen of the fry.She loves them all,the more pics the better. :rofl

Around the globe is right, look at us all breeding round the world- have to read up on your thread again if these hatch Erin - thanks :heart

Around the globe is right, look at us all breeding round the world- have to read up on your thread again if these hatch Erin - thanks :heart

Oh most definitely! That thread has turned into a novel! :rofl

So my first question.

I have the breeder box on suction pads set into the 'home ' tank. All the eggs I could salvage are in it.What kind of water changes will be best ? 10% daily? Till they/if they hatch?

Cycled tank - params are 0, 0 and 20 for nitrates (3 small fish in a3o gallon).

And should I add .1% salt a s a precaution?

Oh you have the eggs in the breeder box! What kind?

This is the one I had:

HG10934.jpg

When the babies hatch the net will soon become to small, that's what I found out. Maybe your net is bigger!

There won't be any waste when there is only eggs, will it?

I assume the water is perfect and you'll do water changes as usual.

Will you put the babies in the little tank when they grow?

The one you had Azuma in?

Oh you have the eggs in the breeder box! What kind?

Will you put the babies in the little tank when they grow?

The one you had Azuma in?

This is a bad pic of the breeder box. It is plastic and about 3 gallons I guess. It has suction cups on one side and its own sponge filter on the other. I bought it 3 years ago when I last had eggs :) We'll see how it works out...IMGP0903-1.jpg

If any eggs hatch and I get fry I have the QT (10 gallon) and the 18 gallon hooded undergravel filter tank. I could do some DIY on the undergravel tankas I would never use one of those again for goldies after all the worry it gave me before.

Yes, I'll just do regular w/cs, I was thinking every day 10% would be least disruptive. I've turned the heater up to 24 as Jen suggested. And now I have to wait patiently :blink:

I think the other fish are very put out about this box being in their home. They are all sleeping up the other end.

I felt like lighting up a cigar when I read this!

:rofl That is a Jen reaction- I love it :heart ! And go ahead have one on me but not near the fishtanks okay?!! :rofl

Now if only someone would deliver me a Cuban - i'd smoke that bad boy in celebration, and might even enjoy it more with a nice cocktail flask of kamikaze's :alc

Now to sit back and wait - and this'll take real patience on my part because I usually can't wait for anything :rolleyes:

Now if only someone would deliver me a Cuban - i'd smoke that bad boy in celebration, and might even enjoy it more with a nice cocktail flask of kamikaze's :alc

And who would think of it from your photograph, that demure, delicate looking JenW (...are you sure thats your pic :hmm ?) Too much! :rofl

Well, I might join you with the kamikaze...a good second round to follow the celebration Guinness I just downed- :linedrink I'll skip the cigar though...*cough :rofl

Edited by Trinket

Imo I'm wounded! To think you'd let me smoke that cigar alone is ... well, it's outrageous! :rofl

And do you mean those pics in the photo thread? Surely you're not trying to tell me I don't look all mean and moody? Or even a tad intimidating? Oh the pain... :booty

:rofl

I think you're avator explains a lot :D

I swear that picture always makes me smile! And its a nice bit of brightness over in diagnosis too :)

Well guys, you shouldn't drink and smoke in front of the little ones, what should they think! :rofl Maybe they can see you through the egg shells!

Oh can't wait to see them!

Imo will you stay at home in case thet hatch!? :D