Moving 2 Week Old Fry To Larger Tank

jamisskat

hey guys! i know you guys are wanting pixs real bad but my cam just wont capture them well :cry1 but, their going to be 2 weeks old monday and im wanting to put them in a bigger tank soon. my hubby is going to be getting me a 55 gallon in 2 weeks. will it be safe for them to be put in their once water has cycled? or should i wait till they get a little bigger? right now their in a 10 gallon. i just added the water all the way up and they :heart it! i added some plants also for them. they seem to enjoy the plants alot. i promise guys :yeah: i will take pixs and show you the babies!

Edited by jewels

i bet they are enjoying that! 55 is alot of swimming for babies :heart since ive added water all the way to top of 10gallon mine have taken advantage of all the swimming area. they seem to like the extra's like the plants. they nibble on them alot. do u have to let the water cycle for the babies when you move them into a bigger tank?

do u have to let the water cycle for the babies when you move them into a bigger tank?

I didn't, but that's because I had already been using seeded bio-media from my older 55g on my 20g fry tank. I just put that in my new filter so I had cycle right away. Since it's going to be a few weeks, can you add some extra bio-media to your established tank(s) so you can use that to seed your new 55g when you get it?

Lisa

from the sounds of it that sounds like a plan. i cant wait for that tank :krazy: ! have you got homes for your babies yet? i dont want to let mine go :cry1 thats why im getting the extra 55 so they have good room in there and just incase i cant find homes for them.

Oh, I can totally relate to your excitement! If I had the room and the moula, I'd have tanks in every room and every corner. :exactly I'm so excited for you and your babies!

No, I haven't found homes yet. Yesterday, though, was a baaaad day and I thought I was going to have to either find immediate homes or let them go in the pond. I was a crying mess, let me tell you. It all worked out though, thank goodness! I know it's going to be so seriously hard to give up any of them when the time comes. I have no idea how I'm going to do that.

Lisa

this sucks. I live in New hampshire. Way far away from all the people here with fry to give away!!!

You guys should all move to New hampshire, and we can start a goldfish revolution or something. lol.

I wish someone here with breeding goldfish lived near me. I don't really trust the pet stores around here.

But congrats on the Fry everyone. And i bet the will LOVE the bigger tank you are getting. you people have your hubbies trained very well. all i can get my fiance to get me is little 10 gallons!!! lol.

thanks guys for all the suggestions. ive decided for now to put them into a 40gallon when their about 3 weeks or so. i'll let the 55gallon cycle and move them in there when they out grow the 40g. lisa.. i sure wish you lived closer! i need you to take pics for me :)

this sucks. I live in New hampshire. Way far away from all the people here with fry to give away!!!

You guys should all move to New hampshire, and we can start a goldfish revolution or something. lol.

I wish someone here with breeding goldfish lived near me. I don't really trust the pet stores around here.

But congrats on the Fry everyone. And i bet the will LOVE the bigger tank you are getting. you people have your hubbies trained very well. all i can get my fiance to get me is little 10 gallons!!! lol.

i know what you meen jenny. alot of petstores around me sell sick fish. its a shame.