..oranda Right?

Guest Faded Intimacy

Guest Faded Intimacy

I got a goldfish last tuesday, and I put him in a small 1 gallon bowl...Bad Krista, I know.

T_T

But.. Upon noticing he wasnt moving(he just kinda... sat on the bottom.), and was always 'hiding', and was apparently very stressed... I went out friday and bought a 5 gallon Eclipse tank.

(its the corner eclipse 5. freakin huge compared to his 1 inch little self.)

Butt...

I want to know what kind of fish he's gunna grow up to be!

:)

Also..

Whats this about Panda goldfish?!

I want oneeee e_e

(I wont be getting anymore goldfishies until I get a huge tank upgrade after I get a job. :P )

But, I'm pretty sure he's an oranda(or so I hope, I love themmm~), At vvvv I looked and saw a bunch of fish similar in size and shape to him being sold as oranda.

So.. here's the pics~

This is his tank:

fishietank001.jpg

And him!

FISHIEandkitty.jpg

FISHIE009.jpg

Also, ignore the 'him's and 'her's... Fishy's gender changes by day. He's too little to tell right now.

:P

(also, the two pictures of him were of him in his bowl e_e)

He could be a fantail or an oranda.

Orandas have a "wen" - a thickening of the skin on the head that often looks like bubbly-fleshy caps on the fish's head. This wen can start to develop at a very young age - or it can wait to start until the fish is 2 years old-ish.

I expect you will just have to wait and see whether he develops a wen before you will know if he is a fantail or an oranda mix or what.

He is cute. I am glad that you know what sort of care he is going to need as he grows.

:)

Guest Faded Intimacy

Whoa 2 years.

*weighs her impatientness*

Ahh~ hah.

But thank you, He want the only one in his tank at the pet store that caught my eye;

I was really surprised when I put him in his tank how fast he began to move, and actually seem, well. alive. hah

Thanks. :)

I guess I'll just have to wait.

Panda goldfish for the most part dont stay panda. :cry1 Mine is almost all white now with very little black. He is still a cute fish but not a panda anymore. That being said some do keep the black but in my experence buying a goldfish for color is a mistake. :D

I also bought a small black and red oranda its now orange and not done changing colors I am sure.

Great tank I have one of those with my female bettas in it but you well need a much bigger tank for two goldfish. I wouldn't get anything less then a 30g for two goldfish.

Does he have a name yet? They are so darn cute when tiny. But he well be big sooner then you think. Good luck with your new fish.

Right now, he looks like a calico fantail. As he ages he could develop a wen and thus be an oranda, or he could develop a hump between his eyes and dorsal fin, a ryukin. He could also develop neither and end up being a calico fantail, but at any rate he has great coloring and will look great as a big fish whatever he turns out to be :D

Guest Kiki Lola

Hehe I have a very, very similar fish and was told he was a fantail, which is cool with me :) time will tell....

Archived