Is My Lionhead The Father Of My 6day Old Fry?

jamisskat

good morning everyone. my fry are 6 days old today and doing great. i can see their pectorial fins but no dorsal fins yet. is this because their still to young or could my lionhead be the father? the mother is a redcap oranda and their where several males chassing her when she spawned including my lionhead. thanks guys!

I didn't really start seeing the dorsal fin until around 2 weeks, Julie. They turned 3 wks yesterday and the dorsals are very visible. If it was a question on a test, based on my extremely limited experience, I'd guess that if you don't see a dorsal by 3 weeks, then you might never see one. Hopefully someone that actually DOES know will answer.

Oh, and do you have any pics yet? I hate to keep bugging you about it, but I wanna see your babies! :D

Lisa

hey lisa! thanks for responding. im going to take pics tomorrow and see if they come out good. ill put them up soon. sadley i dont have the software for my cam to hook up to pc, so i have to take cam to nnnnnn and put the pics on a cd then install them on pc. thats no problem though(lol) let me see if i can get any good pics for ya. :) they are all getting so big! they turned 1 week old monday. i can see the pectorial fins and fantails really good just no dorsal yet :unsure: so i guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Archived