Rare Gold

Guest Halloween

Guest Halloween

I want to know how often rare golds show up in US stores. Not like big chain petstores but small ones, lfs. Yeah yeah yeah, I know "They're protected well by their own countries" but that doesn't mean SOME don't leak out and enter the US. What I'm really asking is, is it likely that I EVER get to adopt a Jikin without leaving the country? :)

I swear, I've seen goldies that look exactly like "Jikins" at Wal-Fart. They had them in with the plain orange double tails.

What I'm really asking is, is it likely that I EVER get to adopt a Jikin without leaving the country? :)

Just ring up the Japanese breeder and say "Hey, I have $5000 and I want a Jikin! Send it over right now!"

Piece of cake ;)

Lol! I'm with Riz (D-golem) there! -If you've got the money, and the will/language to search for a Japanese breeder who is willing to sell their fish overseas, and the money to import your fish.... sure you can have as many jikin as you want... -it may cost you more than you can afford tho, unless you're an oil heir or have got lucking with the lotto. :rolleyes:

The guy at my lfs spent 8 years trying to import tosakins into australia, he eventually met and formed a relationship with a guy in Japan who went to a tosakin show, purchased the fish and then went to a seperate fish exporter which then exported to our local australian distributor. It was a huge process for him and he's been in the fish business for 15 or so years.

I didn't know what a jikin GF looked like, so I looked it up. The coloring is VERY similar to my little Firefly, although she has a fantail body. You can see her in my siggy. That pic doesn't do her much justice because she looks really yellow in it, but in real life, she is nearly white with orange on her fins and tail. Very pretty:)

Guest Halloween

Awwwww, man, I don't have THAT kind of money. At least now I know though that it is SOMEWHAT possible to have one...

Hey plane tickets to Japan aren't SO expensive :D

I am going this summer and I've already told myself YOU ARE NOT BRINGING HOME A FISH but man, I kinda want to! They're so much more INTO goldfish than here I feel like I could even buy a common breed that looks better than here!

here's what you do if you want Jikins without leaving the country:

-buy a couple of red-white commons.

-spend five years or so developing them into decent red-white wakins

-breed and develop them into jikins in another twenty-five years or so. (and fifty or so generations of offspring)

-gloat.

'course, if you can easily get red-white wakins in the first place, that's cutting off five years your waiting :D

Archived