Dont Know

Guest O'mar

Unless you know you can upgrade your tank within a year, I would not suggest getting any goldfish at all, honestly. My goldfish that was 1.5 inches (no tail) in December has grown to over twice that size, and is currently housed in a 10 gallon tank, in desperate need of an upgrade. He just doesn't have the the room to get his full swim on in such a small tank.

If you do go with a goldfish for that area, I am highly partial to Moors. If I were to get another goldfish, I would get a butterfly moor. But that is just my personal preference.

My suggestion would be to find a store that has a large selection of really healthy goldfish, and then sit and watch them all until you find one that you really like. If you don't find one the first time you look, don't worry about it, go back another day, or to another store.

I'd also recommend getting as small of a goldfish as you can, so that it will be able to live longer in the small tank before needing a larger one.

well, It would be OK, but I would not suggest it. Sunny D my fantail was about an inch with the tail. a year later, he has more than trippled his size :)

Archived