Blizzard Cat

daryl

We are all getting a bit tired of the snow....

This is one of the very wild toms that live here.... His name is "Tux". He is 2 years old.

post-27-1172928406_thumb.jpg

I wonder how the very wild cats survive that deep snow cold weather. I hope he has some shelter , he doesn't look starving anyway. The snow is so deep!!

I'm getting tired of the snow too, I want spring and pond weather... Do you have blizzards? Poor cat.

Man does that look like a cold picture. :unsure: It always makes me so sad,as I think that every cat should have a nice warm lap to be in on days like that.I feel better at least knowing how much you care for your Ferals though Carol,with all their heated food and water dishes and such,and the warm places that you've set up for them to huddle in.It's still quite sad though,isn't it?Poor beautiful kitty. :heart

I have multiple heated houses as well as 6 large rubbermaid garbage cans sunk into the compost heap with little doors cut in them. They are full of straw. Those houses fill up with cats - when I go out to feed them in the morning, they come out like clowns out of a little car.

I cook up a hot meal once a day and there are heated water dishes so they have water at all times. Most of the cats are VERY wild - many generations wild. I trap and sterilize all that I can. There never seems to be an end to them, though. One of our neighbors brought in about 50 breeding cats a few years back and my population has blossomed since.... :(

They have as good a life as I can give them. They do not want human contact, but, like cats, know when they have a good thing going. They happily accept the hot food and shelter.

We took in a little white/black kitten this Thanksgiving. Nicky-Neko was a feral with a very wild mom. But he decided he WANTED the good life and found a way to weedle his way into our hearts and home. He sleeps in laps and in front of a warm fire and watches his mom and aunts and uncles out in the snow. He has no desire to go out again.

post-27-1172931693_thumb.jpg

Thats nice Daryl hes cute.I took in a wild cat once she came from a farm she was Tiger by name and nature.She came round after a number of months and became a lap cat like your Nicky-Neko

Daryl isn't it funny how some just decide that?? It alwasy amazes me that a feral or offspring of one can just up and decide, "hey that house and being an indoor cat is cool".

That picture does look cold, hopefully the snow is done for now and spring is on it's way.

:heart Well Carol,I certainly give you an A+ for all your efforts in this,as you know,I was dealing with feral cats for a while myself and know how much work and time goes into it. In fact,all three of my babies were from a feral mom who I ended up at least catching and spaying. :)

Nicky-Neko reminds me so much of my T,and looks to be growing just as happy and content. :heart

Archived